Brooklyn Nets (6-6) vs Philadelphia 76ers (9-3)
Game Info: Sunday, November 19, 2023 at 3:00 pm (Barclays Center)
Betting Odds: Brooklyn Nets +3.5 -- Over/Under: 227.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Philadelphia 76ers invade the Barclays Center to take on the Brooklyn Nets on Sunday afternoon.
The Philadelphia 76ers needed to get back in the win column after dropping two games in a row and they did just that with a 126-116 road win at Atlanta on Friday. Joel Embiid led the team with 32 points, seven rebounds and eight assists, Tobias Harris added 29 points with 10 rebounds and four assists while Tyrese Maxey chipped in with 19 points and eight assists. As a team, the 76ers shot 48 percent from the field and 13 of 30 from the 3-point line as they kept pace with the Hawks in a tightly contested first half, before they exploded for 69 points in the second half to pull away and earn the much-needed victory.
Philadelphia 76ers Player Facts
- Joel Embiid ranks 1st amongst qualified players for points per game (31.9) this season.
- Tyrese Maxey ranks 1st in the Eastern Conference amongst qualified players for FT% (95.1%) this season.
Meanwhile, the Brooklyn Nets have won three of their past five games overall, but they will be eager to bounce back in this one after coming up short against the Heat in a 122-115 road loss on Thursday. Mikal Bridges led the team with 23 points, seven rebounds and five assists, Lonnie Walker added 23 points off the bench while Cameron Johnson chipped in with 16 points. As a team, the Nets shot 47 percent from the field and 14 of 36 from the 3-point line, but on the defensive end they just had no answer for the Heat's Jimmy Butler who scorched them for 36 points on 12 of 19 shooting. The Nets trailed by as many as 17 points in this one before they made a run in the fourth quarter to keep it to single digits.
Brooklyn Nets Player Facts
- Dorian Finney-Smith ranks T6th amongst qualified Forwards for three-pointers made Per Game (3.0) this season.
- Spencer Dinwiddie ranks T24th amongst qualified players for assists per game (5.4) this season.
- The Nets rank 30th in the league for opponent turnovers per game this season (11.6).
- The Nets rank 30th in the league for opponent three-point field goals attempts per game this season (39.9).
- The 76ers rank 1st in the league for free throw percentage this season (86.3%).
- The 76ers rank 1st in the league for free throws made per game this season (23.7).
The Nets are still shorthanded with Ben Simmons out and Dennis Smith Jr listed as questionable, while the 76ers don't have a single player listed on the injury report. The 76ers come into this one as the team in better form, they're at full health and they looked good in their win over the Hawks, while the Nets were building some momentum before they ran into the Heat. The Nets have home court advantage and they haven't played since Thursday, but that's not enough to stop me from taking the 76ers at the short line in this spot.