Suns vs Jazz Prediction - NBA Picks 11/17/23
Utah Jazz (4-7) vs Phoenix Suns (5-6)
Game Info: Friday, November 17, 2023 at 10:00 pm (Delta Center)
Betting Odds: Utah Jazz +5 -- Over/Under: 235.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Phoenix Suns and Utah Jazz meet Friday in NBA action at the Delta Center. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Phoenix Suns Betting Preview
The Phoenix Suns have split their last 6 games and are fresh off a win over the Timberwolves. The Phoenix Suns have lost 4 of their last 5 home games. The Phoenix Suns are averaging 113.7 points on 46.7 percent shooting and allowing 112.4 points on 45.9 percent shooting. Devin Booker is averaging 31.3 points and 8.7 assists, while Kevin Durant is averaging 30.1 points and 7 rebounds. Bradley Beal is the third double-digit scorer and Eric Gordon is grabbing 2.1 rebounds. The Phoenix Suns are shooting 37.8 percent from beyond the arc and 82.5 percent from the free throw line. The Phoenix Suns are allowing 34 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 45.4 rebounds per game.
Phoenix Suns Player Facts
- Kevin Durant is the only player in the league to have scored 25+ points in 10 straight games this season.
- Jusuf Nurkic ranks 6th amongst qualified Centers for assists per game (4.5) this season.
Utah Jazz Betting Preview
The Utah Jazz need a win after losing 6 of their last 9 games and just beat the Trail Blazers by 16 points. The Utah Jazz have won 3 of their last 4 home games. The Utah Jazz are averaging 114 points on 46.1 percent shooting and allowing 119.5 points on 48.5 percent shooting. Lauri Markkanen is averaging 23.9 points and 8.6 rebounds, while Jordan Clarkson is averaging 17.7 points and 3.4 rebounds. John Collins is the third double-digit scorer and Collin Sexton is grabbing 2.3 rebounds. The Utah Jazz are shooting 36.9 percent from beyond the arc and 80.7 percent from the free throw line. The Utah Jazz are allowing 35.1 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 47.4 rebounds per game.
Utah Jazz Player Facts
- Lauri Markkanen ranks 1st amongst qualified Centers for three-pointers made Per Game (3.9) this season.
- John Collins ranks 4th amongst qualified Centers for 3P% (42.5%) this season.
- The Jazz rank 1st in the league for offensive rebounds per game this season (14.7).
- The Jazz rank 30th in the league for turnovers per game this season (18.0).
- The Suns rank 30th in the league for Q4 points per game this season (21.9).
- The Suns rank T1st in the league for Q3 win percentage this season (72.7%).
The Phoenix Suns are likely still going to be without Beal, but they're close to full strength with Durant and Booker leading the way. The Utah Jazz can't finish games with losses in 6 of their last 9 games, and they don't play a lick of defense. This isn't an ideal matchup given the lack of defense. The Suns beat the Jazz by 22 points in October. We're not laying much. Give me the Suns and the reasonable chalk.