Rockets vs Clippers Prediction - NBA Picks 11/17/23
Los Angeles Clippers (3-7) vs Houston Rockets (6-3)
Game Info: Friday, November 17, 2023 at 10:30 pm (Crypto.com Arena)
Betting Odds: Los Angeles Clippers -5.5 -- Over/Under: 216.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Houston Rockets and Los Angeles Clippers meet Friday in NBA action at the crypto.com Arena. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Houston Rockets Betting Preview
The Houston Rockets look to build on their 6-game winning streak after just beating the Nuggets. The Houston Rockets have lost their first 2 road games. The Houston Rockets are averaging 111 points on 47.1 percent shooting and allowing 105.8 points on 45.4 percent shooting. Alperen Sengun is averaging 19.4 points and 8.2 rebounds, while Jalen Green is averaging 19 points and 4.7 rebounds. Fred VanVleet is the third double-digit scorer and Dillon Brooks is grabbing 4.2 rebounds. The Houston Rockets are shooting 37 percent from beyond the arc and 74.1 percent from the free throw line. The Houston Rockets are allowing 32.2 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 43.3 rebounds per game.
Houston Rockets Player Facts
- Alperen Sengun ranks T1st in the Western Conference amongst qualified players for FG% (60.0%) this season.
- Dillon Brooks ranks 1st amongst qualified Forwards for 3P% (53.3%) this season.
Los Angeles Clippers Betting Preview
The Los Angeles Clippers look to snap a 6-game losing streak and just lost to the Nuggets. The Los Angeles Clippers have lost 3 of their last 4 home games. The Los Angeles Clippers are averaging 113.2 points on 47.8 percent shooting and allowing 111.7 points on 46.1 percent shooting. Paul George is averaging 24.7 points and 5.5 rebounds, while Kawhi Leonard is averaging 20.5 points and 5.2 rebounds. James Harden is the third double-digit scorer and Russell Westbrook is grabbing 7 rebounds. The Los Angeles Clippers are shooting 37.7 percent from beyond the arc and 77.5 percent from the free throw line. The Los Angeles Clippers are allowing 35.3 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 43.1 rebounds per game.
Los Angeles Clippers Player Facts
- James Harden ranks 1st amongst qualified players for FT% (100.0%) this season.
- Paul George ranks 2nd amongst qualified players for steals per game (2.4) this season.
- The Clippers rank 1st in the league for steals per game this season (10.0).
- The Clippers rank 30th in the league for Q1 points per game this season (25.3).
- The Rockets rank 1st in the league for opponent assists per game this season (21.9).
- The Rockets rank 1st in the league for opponent three-point percentage this season (32.2%).
The Los Angeles Clippers are the better team on paper and should be favored at home, but I'm not laying chalk with a team that's lost 6 straight games. The Clippers can't finish games, and Harden still looks like he's trying to get his feet under him. The Houston Rockets have surprisingly won 6 straight games and their defense is one of the best in the league. The Clippers will figure things out eventually, but I have to grab the points with the Rockets.