Pistons vs Cavaliers Prediction - NBA Picks 11/17/23
Cleveland Cavaliers (5-6) vs Detroit Pistons (2-10)
Game Info: Friday, November 17, 2023 at 7:30 pm (Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse)
Betting Odds: Cleveland Cavaliers -8.5 -- Over/Under: 224.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Detroit Pistons invade the Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse to take on the Cleveland Cavaliers on Friday night.
The Detroit Pistons have been in a major slump as they will be hoping to put a halt to a nine-game losing streak after getting beaten by the Hawks in a 126-120 loss on Tuesday. Marvin Bagley led the team with 22 points and 11 rebounds on nine of 12 shooting, Ausar Thompson added 21 points with eight rebounds, five assists and two blocks while Alec Burks chipped in with 16 points and five assists off the bench. As a team, the Pistons shot 52 percent from the field and 10 of 29 from the 3-point line as they hung in the contest with the Hawks in a tight contest, until the Hawks used a crucial 9-0 run late in the fourth quarter to slip away in the end.
Detroit Pistons Player Facts
- Ausar Thompson ranks 1st amongst qualified Guards for rebounds per game (10.3) this season.
- Cade Cunningham ranks 8th amongst qualified players for assists per game (7.3) this season.
Meanwhile, the Cleveland Cavaliers have been in decent shape as they've won four of their last seven games overall and they will be eager to stay hot blowing past the struggling Trail Blazers in a 109-95 road win on Wednesday. Donovan Mitchell led the team with 34 points, six rebounds and four assists on 13 of 20 shooting, Evan Mobley added 21 points with 12 rebounds and three blocks while Caris LeVert provided the spark off the bench with 17 points, eight rebounds and six assists. As a team, the Cavaliers shot 56 percent from the field and nine of 30 from the 3-point line as they set the tone with 30 points in the first quarter to take the early lead and they just didn't take their foot off the gas until the lead ballooned to 18 points late in the fourth quarter.
Cleveland Cavaliers Player Facts
- Evan Mobley ranks 4th in the Eastern Conference amongst qualified players for rebounds per game (10.5) this season.
- The Cavaliers rank 27th in the league for opponent three-point percentage this season (38.6%).
- The Cavaliers rank 5th in the league for opponent field goal percentage this season (45.3%).
- The Pistons rank 30th in the league for steals per game this season (5.8).
- The Pistons rank 30th in the league for opponent steals per game this season (9.7).
The Pistons are still shorthanded with Monte Morris, Jalen Duren and Joe Harris still out, while the Cavaliers are keeping eyes on Darius Garland and Donovan Mitchell who are both questionable. This is a tough one to pick with two key players under an injury cloud, but the Pistons have been playing slightly better than their record suggests and I think they can hang around and get the cover with this hefty line.