Nuggets vs Pelicans Prediction - NBA Picks 11/17/23
New Orleans Pelicans (5-6) vs Denver Nuggets (9-2)
Game Info: Friday, November 17, 2023 at 8:00 pm (Smoothie King Center)
Betting Odds: New Orleans Pelicans +4.5 -- Over/Under: 225 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Denver Nuggets and New Orleans Pelicans meet Friday in NBA action at the Smoothie King Center. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Denver Nuggets Betting Preview
The Denver Nuggets look to stay hot after winning 5 of their last 6 games. The Denver Nuggets have split their first 4 road games. The Denver Nuggets are averaging 114.5 points on 50.5 percent shooting and allowing 106.3 points on 44.6 percent shooting. Nikola Jokic is averaging 30 points and 13.9 rebounds, while Jamal Murray is averaging 16.3 points and 2.6 rebounds. Michael Porter Jr. is the third double-digit scorer and Aaron Gordon is grabbing 7 rebounds. The Denver Nuggets are shooting 35.6 percent from beyond the arc and 71.9 percent from the free throw line. The Denver Nuggets are allowing 33.5 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 44.6 rebounds per game.
Denver Nuggets Player Facts
- Nikola Jokic ranks 1st amongst qualified players for rebounds per game (13.9) this season.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope ranks T8th amongst qualified players for steals per game (1.7) this season.
New Orleans Pelicans Betting Preview
The New Orleans Pelicans need a win after losing 5 of their last 6 games. The New Orleans Pelicans have split their last 6 home games. The New Orleans Pelicans are averaging 111.1 points on 45.9 percent shooting and allowing 115.6 points on 46.1 percent shooting. Brandon Ingram is averaging 22.9 points and 5.8 rebounds, while CJ McCollum is averaging 21.7 points and 4.8 rebounds. Zion Williamson is the third double-digit scorer and Jordan Hawkins is grabbing 4 rebounds. The New Orleans Pelicans are shooting 35 percent from beyond the arc and 73.9 percent from the free throw line. The New Orleans Pelicans are allowing 32.3 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 44.2 rebounds per game.
New Orleans Pelicans Player Facts
- Herb Jones is one of only two qualified players in the league averaging at least 1.5 steals and 1.5 blocks this season.
- Brandon Ingram is one of only 10 qualified players in the league averaging at least 20.0 points, 5.0 assists and 5.0 rebounds this season.
- The Pelicans rank 30th in the league for opponent three-point field goals attempts per game this season (40.0).
- The Pelicans rank 28th in the league for opponent rebounds per game this season (48.3).
- The Nuggets rank 1st in the league for opponent blocks per game this season (3.5).
- The Nuggets rank 1st in the league for field goal percentage this season (50.5%).
I was high on the New Orleans Pelicans entering this season, and this is a game they could win at home with Zion and Ingram on the floor. However, the Denver Nuggets have been far and away more consistent, and they're tough to jump in front of as long as the line is reasonable. The Nuggets also beat the Pelicans by 18 points a little over a week ago and have won 7 of the last 10 meetings overall. I have to lay the chalk with the Nuggets on the road.