Knicks vs Wizards Prediction - NBA Picks 11/17/23
Washington Wizards (2-9) vs New York Knicks (6-5)
Game Info: Friday, November 17, 2023 at 7:00 pm (Capital One Arena)
Betting Odds: Washington Wizards +6.5 -- Over/Under: 227.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The New York Knicks invade the Capital One Arena to battle the Washington Wizards on Friday night.
New York Knicks
The New York Knicks have been in fine form with four wins in their past five games overall and they will be eager to stay hot after outlasting the Hawks in a 116-114 road win on Wednesday. Julius Randle led the team with 29 points, 10 rebounds and eight assists, Jalen Brunson added 24 points with eight assists while Immanuel Quickley provided the spark off the bench with 20 points on six of 11 shooting. As a team, the Knicks shot 47 percent from the field and 16 of 34 from the 3-point line as they squandered an early 13-point lead, before they used a pivotal 9-0 run in the third quarter to pull ahead and eventually escape with the gritty victory.
New York Knicks Player Facts
- Mitchell Robinson ranks 1st in the Eastern Conference amongst qualified players for rebounds per game (11.7) this season.
- Julius Randle ranks 11th amongst qualified players for rebounds per game (10.3) this season.
Meanwhile, the Washington Wizards have been in a major slump as they've lost eight of their last nine games and they will be hoping to arrest a four-game slide after getting run over by the Mavericks in a 130-117 loss on Wednesday. Kyle Kuzma led the team with 22 points, six rebounds and three assists, Jordan Poole added 16 points while Deni Avdija chipped in with 15 points on five of six shooting. As a team, the Wizards shot 48 percent from the field and 12 of 36 from the 3-point line as they struggled to contain the Mavericks early on and were never in the contest after getting outscored by 41-26 in the first quarter and 71-51 in the first half.
Washington Wizards Player Facts
- Daniel Gafford ranks 2nd in the Eastern Conference amongst qualified players for Blocks Per Game (2.2) this season.
- Tyus Jones ranks 7th amongst qualified players for assist:turnover ratio (5.9) this season.
- The Wizards rank 30th in the league for opponent assists per game this season (29.5).
- The Wizards rank 30th in the league for rebounds per game this season (39.5).
- The Knicks rank 1st in the league for opponent points per game this season (105.2).
- The Knicks rank 1st in the league for opponent rebounds per game this season (40.5).
The Knicks could be shorthanded once again as Quentin Grimes and RJ Barrett are both questionable, while the Wizards are coming into this one with the same squad. The Knicks have been solid so far and they would've taken plenty of confidence from their gritty win over the Hawks, so I have no problem taking them at the reasonable line against a slumping Wizards team who have looked like a mess so far.