San Antonio Spurs (3-8) vs Sacramento Kings (6-4)
Game Info: Friday, November 17, 2023 at 7:30 pm (Frost Bank Center)
Betting Odds: San Antonio Spurs +6.5 -- Over/Under: 232.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The San Antonio Spurs play host to the Sacramento Kings at the AT&T center on Friday night.
The Sacramento Kings have a team on the rise as they are now looking to build on their four-game win streak after routing the Lakers in a 125-110 road win on Wednesday. Domantas Sabonis led the team with 29 points, 16 rebounds and seven assists on 13 of 19 shooting, De'Aaron Fox and Kevin Huerter added 28 points each while Harrison Barnes chipped in with 13 points. As a team, the Kings shot 50 percent from the field and 16 of 44 from the 3-point line as they jumped all over the Lakers with 38 points in the first quarter to take an early double-digit lead which grew to 26 points in the third quarter before they had to hold off a late rally from the Lakers. The Kings were impressive on the defensive end as they hassled the Lakers into committing 23 turnovers which kept them in control the entire night.
Sacramento Kings Player Facts
- Domantas Sabonis ranks 2nd amongst qualified players for rebounds per game (12.8) this season.
- Keegan Murray ranks 21st amongst qualified players for steals per game (1.5) this season.
San Antonio Spurs
Meanwhile, the San Antonio Spurs have been in a real slump as they will be looking to put an end to a six-game slide after getting shocked by the Thunder in a 123-87 road loss on Tuesday. Zach Collins and Julian Champagnie scored 13 points each, Devin Vassell added 12 points while Victor Wembanyama chipped in with eight points and 14 rebounds. As a team, the Spurs shot just 38 percent from the field and nine of 30 from the 3-point line as they struggled to keep up from the start, falling behind by 10 points going into halftime before they got blown out by 65-39 in a nightmare of a second half. Wembanyama had a rough night as he shot just four of 15 from the field, but the real problem was the Spurs racking up 24 turnovers as a team.
San Antonio Spurs Player Facts
- Victor Wembanyama ranks 3rd amongst qualified players for Blocks Per Game (2.4) this season.
- Zach Collins ranks 10th in the Western Conference amongst qualified players for FG% (53.4%) this season.
- The Spurs rank 30th in the league for opponent points per game this season (124.1).
- The Spurs rank 30th in the league for point differential per game this season (-13.5).
- The Kings rank 30th in the league for Q2 win percentage this season (20.0%).
- The Kings rank 2nd in the league for opponent offensive rebounds per game this season (8.6).
The Kings are still missing Alex Len and Trey Lyles, while the Spurs have ruled out Tre Jones and Devin Vassell. The Kings have looked like a different team since getting Fox back in their lineup as he is the real spark plug for the Kings who want to play as fast as possible. The Spurs are now one of the coldest teams in the league at the moment and they didn't look good in their 36-point loss to the Thunder in their last outing. This is a classic case of two teams headed in opposite directions, the Kings are rising with their leader back on the court, while the Spurs are plummetting after a promising start to the season. The Kings are the clear favorites in this one and I think they get the win and cover in this spot.