Miami Heat (7-4) vs Brooklyn Nets (6-5)
Game Info: Thursday, November 16, 2023 at 7:30 pm (Kaseya Center)
Betting Odds: Miami Heat -4.5 -- Over/Under: 220.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Brooklyn Nets pay a visit to the Miami Heat at the Kaseya Center on Thursday night.
The Brooklyn Nets have been in decent shape with three wins in their past four outings and they will be aiming for a third straight victory after blowing past the Magic in a 124-104 home win on Tuesday. Spencer Dinwiddie led the team with 29 points and nine assists on 10 of 18 shooting, Mikal Bridges added 21 points on nine of 17 shooting while Cameron Johnson chipped in with 20 points on seven of 11 shooting. As a team, the Nets shot 54 percent from the field and 19 of 39 from the 3-point line as they looked to be in trouble when they leaked 36 points in the second quarter to fall behind early, but then the 3-pointers came in bunches in the 36-18 fourth quarter to make it a complete blowout in the end.
Brooklyn Nets Player Facts
- Dorian Finney-Smith ranks T15th amongst qualified players for three-pointers made Per Game (3.0) this season.
- Spencer Dinwiddie ranks 14th in the Eastern Conference amongst qualified players for assists per game (5.2) this season.
Meanwhile, the Miami Heat have quietly been one of the hottest teams in the league as they are now looking to build on their current six-game win streak after sneaking past the Hornets in a 111-105 road win on Tuesday. Jimmy Butler led the team with 32 points and five assists on 10 of 14 shooting, Bam Adebayo added 21 points with 11 rebounds and four assists, while Duncan Robinson tallied 18 points with eight rebounds and five assists. As a team, the Heat shot 48 percent from the field and eight of 31 from the 3-point line, but this win was more about their defense as they were always in control after holding the Hornets to just 16 points in the second quarter. Josh Richardson had a rough game of just six points on two of 10 shooting, but the Heat got a real spark from Jaime Jacquez Jr who scored 17 points off the bench.
Miami Heat Player Facts
- Bam Adebayo is one of only two qualified players in the league averaging a double-double while shooting over 40% from three this season.
- Jimmy Butler ranks 13th in the Eastern Conference amongst qualified players for steals per game (1.4) this season.
- The Heat rank 2nd in the league for opponent free throws made per game this season (13.9).
- The Heat rank T2nd in the league for opponent free throw attempts per game this season (19.0).
- The Nets rank 30th in the league for opponent turnovers per game this season (11.8).
- The Nets rank 30th in the league for opponent three-point field goals attempts per game this season (40.4).
The Nets are still shorthanded with Ben Simmons and Cam Thomas both out, while the Heat are still without RJ Hampton and Tyler Herro. The Nets have been playing well and they looked good in their comeback win over the Magic on Tuesday, but it's the Heat who open as the favorites at home given their six-game win streak. It's tempting to take the Heat at the short line, but the Nets are more than capable of pulling off the upset here and the Heat were far from convincing in their narrow win over the Hornets, so I'll take the points here.