Mavericks vs Wizards Prediction - NBA Picks 11/15/23
Washington Wizards (2-8) vs Dallas Mavericks (8-2)
Game Info: Wednesday, November 15, 2023 at 7:00 pm (Capital One Arena)
Betting Odds: Washington Wizards +5.5 -- Over/Under: 242.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Dallas Mavericks pay a visit to the Washington Wizards at the Capital One Arena on Wednesday night.
The Dallas Mavericks have been in fine form with eight wins in their first 11 games, but they will be looking to bounce back here after having their two-game win streak halted by the Pelicans in a 131-110 road loss last night. Kyrie Irving led the team with 17 points and six assists, Tim Hardaway Jr. added 17 points off the bench while Luka Doncic scored just 16 points. As a team, the Mavericks were just off their game in this one as they shot just 42 percent from the field and 14 of 42 from the 3-point line as they struggled to match the intensity of the Pelicans and were always playing from behind after allowing 70 points in the first half and another 44 points in the third quarter. Doncic had himself a rough night as he shot just five of 16 from the field while committing eight turnovers.
Dallas Mavericks Player Facts
- Luka Doncic ranks 2nd amongst qualified players for points per game (31.1) this season.
- Dereck Lively II ranks 1st amongst qualified rookies for FG% (70.6%) this season.
Meanwhile, the Washington Wizards have been in a real slump with just one win in their last eight games and they will be hoping to arrest a three-game skid after getting beaten by the Raptors in a 111-107 road loss on Monday. Kyle Kuzma led the team with 34 points on 14 of 25 shooting, Daniel Gafford and Jordan Poole scored 14 points each while Tyus Jones chipped in with 10 points and eight assists. As a team, the Wizards shot 51 percent from the field and 12 of 26 from the 3-point line as they looked great to start the game as they poured in 64 points in the first half to build a 23-point lead, only to get run down in the fourth quarter where they managed just 16 points. The Wizards had no answer for the Raptors' Pascal Siakam who scorched them for 39 points and the Wizards also committed 22 turnovers which hurt them the entire game.
Washington Wizards Player Facts
- Daniel Gafford ranks 2nd amongst qualified players for Blocks Per Game (2.5) this season.
- Tyus Jones ranks 6th amongst qualified players for assist:turnover ratio (5.7) this season.
- The Wizards rank 30th in the league for opponent assists per game this season (29.2).
- The Wizards rank 30th in the league for rebounds per game this season (38.9).
- The Mavericks rank 1st in the league for three-point percentage this season (39.4%).
- The Mavericks rank 1st in the league for three-point field goals made per game this season (17.2).
The Mavericks are shorthanded once again as Maxi Kleber is still out, while the Wizards are still without Delon Wright. The Mavericks were one of the hottest teams in the league before last night's horrible performance against the young Pelicans, while the Wizards are still one of the coldest teams in the league despite a close loss to the Raptors on Monday. The Mavericks are playing their second game of a back to back set, but they're still clearly the team in better form and I'm sure they will come out swinging after getting embarrassed last night, especially Doncic who was not himself at all.