Nets vs Celtics Prediction - NBA Picks 11/10/23
Boston Celtics (5-2) vs Brooklyn Nets (4-4)
Game Info: Friday, November 10, 2023 at 7:30 pm (TD Garden)
Betting Odds: Boston Celtics -10.5 -- Over/Under: 223.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Brooklyn Nets and the Boston Celtics duke it out at the TD Garden on Friday night.
The Brooklyn Nets have been in decent form as they've won four of their last six games and they will be eager to stay hot after outlasting the revamped Clippers in a 100-93 home win on Wednesday. Lonnie Walker led the team in scoring with 21 points off the bench, Cam Thomas added 14 points while Dorian Finney-Smith chipped in with 12 points. As a team, the Nets shot just 40 percent from the field and 15 of 41 from the 3-point line, as they scored just 13 points in the first quarter to trail going into halftime, but they played great defense to hold the Clippers to just 44 points in the second half to allow them to escape with the gritty victory at home.
Brooklyn Nets Team Facts
- The Nets have lost each of their last nine games against the Celtics after winning as underdogs.
- The Nets have failed to cover the spread in each of their last six games against Atlantic Division opponents that held a winning record.
- Each of the Nets' last six games against opponents who are on the first leg of a back-to-back have gone UNDER the total points line.
Meanwhile, the Boston Celtics started their season with five wins in a row, but they are suddenly looking to avoid a third straight defeat after coming up just short to the 76ers in a 106-103 road loss on Wednesday. Kristaps Porzingis led the team with 29 points on 10 of 19 shooting, Derrick White added 19 points with five assists while Jayson Tatum tallied 16 points with 15 rebounds and six assists. As a team, the Celtics shot just 39 percent from the field and 15 of 47 from the 3-point line as they struggled for most of the contest, falling behind by 14 points late in the fourth quarter, before they made a late run to earn a shot at forcing overtime in the final seconds.
Boston Celtics Player Facts
- Kristaps Porzingis ranks T2nd amongst qualified Centers for three-pointers made Per Game (2.0) this season.
- Jayson Tatum ranks 3rd in the Eastern Conference amongst qualified players for points per game (28.4) this season.
- The Celtics rank 1st in the league for point differential per game this season (+12.0).
- The Celtics rank 1st in the league for opponent free throw percentage this season (66.0%).
- The Nets rank 30th in the league for opponent turnovers per game this season (11.8).
- The Nets rank 30th in the league for free throw attempts per game this season (17.8).
The Nets are shorthanded for this one as Cam Thomas is out and Ben Simmons is questionable, while the Celtics are coming in with the same roster. The Nets have been playing well and they would've taken plenty of confidence from their win over the new-look Clippers, but they're missing a key player in Thomas which spells trouble against this Celtics team coming off a rare loss. The line is hefty, but I think the Celtics bounce back with a big win and cover at home in this one.