Jazz vs Grizzlies Prediction - NBA Picks 11/10/23
Memphis Grizzlies (1-7) vs Utah Jazz (2-7)
Game Info: Friday, November 10, 2023 at 8:00 pm (FedExForum)
Betting Odds: Memphis Grizzlies -4.5 -- Over/Under: 231 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Utah Jazz pay a visit to the Memphis Grizzlies at the FedExForum on Friday night.
The Utah Jazz have been ice-cold lately as they've lost six of their last seven games and they will be hoping to arrest a four-game slide after getting routed by the Pacers in a 134-118 road loss on Wednesday. Jordan Clarkson led the team with 33 points and five assists, Lauri Markkanen added 24 points with nine rebounds while John Collins chipped in with 14 points and nine rebounds on six of nine shooting. As a team, the Jazz shot 46 percent from the field and 11 of 27 from the 3-point line as they showed plenty of fight in this one, pouring in 38 points in the third quarter to overcome a slow start, only to let it slip in the fourth quarter where they managed just 20 points.
Utah Jazz Player Facts
- Lauri Markkanen ranks 1st amongst qualified Centers for three-pointers made Per Game (4.1) this season.
- John Collins ranks 10th in the Western Conference amongst qualified players for rebounds per game (8.6) this season
Meanwhile, the Memphis Grizzlies have been in terrible form as they've lost seven of their first eight overall and they will be looking to bounce back after coming up short to the Heat in a 108-102 loss on Wednesday. Jaren Jackson Jr. led the team with 28 points on nine of 18 shooting, Desmond Bane scored 15 points while Marcus Smart tallied 11 points with seven assists. As a team, the Grizzlies shot just 38 percent from the field and 11 of 37 from the 3-point line as they continued to struggle with all the injuries, but they were still right in the contest until the Heat pulled away midway through the fourth quarter.
Memphis Grizzlies Player Facts
- Marcus Smart ranks 1st amongst qualified players for steals per game (2.6) this season.
- Jaren Jackson Jr. ranks T2nd amongst qualified Centers for three-pointers made Per Game (2.0) this season
- The Grizzlies rank T1st in the league for H2 win percentage this season (87.5%).
- The Grizzlies ranks 30th in the league for points per possession this season (1.05).
- The Jazz rank 1st in the league for offensive rebounds per game this season (15.3).
- The Jazz rank 30th in the league for steals per game this season (5.3).
The Jazz are again missing Walker Kessley, while the Grizzlies are still missing a list of players including Ja Morant, Steven Adams, Brandon Clarke and Xavier Tillman. The Jazz have been one of the coldest teams in the league so far and they looked poor in their big loss to the Pacers on Wednesday, while the Grizzlies have yet to build any momentum, but they did look decent in their narrow loss to the Heat. You couldn't back either side with any confidence these days, but I think there is more to like about the Grizzlies at the moment and I think they can get over the hump in this spot.