Hornets vs Wizards Prediction - NBA Picks 11/10/23
Washington Wizards (2-5) vs Charlotte Hornets (2-5)
Game Info: Friday, November 10, 2023 at 7:00 pm (Capital One Arena)
Betting Odds: Washington Wizards -2.5 -- Over/Under: 241 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Charlotte Hornets invade the Capital One Arena to take on the Washington Wizards on Friday night.
The Charlotte Hornets have been in poor form as they've lost five of their last six games and they will be hoping to avoid a third straight defeat after getting routed by the Wizards in a 132-116 loss on Wednesday. LaMelo Ball led the team with 34 points and seven assists on 13 of 22 shooting, Gordon Hayward added 18 points with seven rebounds and four assists while PJ Washington chipped in with 14 points, seven rebounds and two blocks. As a team, the Hornets shot 51 percent from the field and eight of 25 from the 3-point line as they got off to a decent start in the first quarter, but they were just never in the contest after getting blown away by 41-17 in a nightmare of a second quarter.
Charlotte Hornets Player Facts
- Mark Williams ranks 1st amongst qualified players for FG% (83.0%) this season.
- LaMelo Ball ranks 3rd amongst qualified players for assists per game (9.0) this season.
Meanwhile, the Washington Wizards have lost five of their first seven games overall, but they will be looking to build some momentum after snapping a four-game slide with a big win over the Hornets on Wednesday. Kyle Kuzma led the team with 33 points, nine rebounds and four assists on 13 of 24 shooting, Danilo Gallinari and Delon Wright scored 18 points each while Landry Shamet chipped in with 15 points. As a team, the Wizards shot 48 percent from the field and 18 of 43 from the 3-point line as they took control of the contest with a 41-point explosion in the second quarter to build a 26-point lead and put the game to bed early.
Washington Wizards Player Facts
- Daniel Gafford ranks 2nd amongst qualified players for Blocks Per Game (2.6) this season.
- Tyus Jones ranks 10th amongst qualified players for assist:turnover ratio (4.8) this season.
- The Wizards rank 30th in the league for opponent points per game this season (126.9).
- The Wizards rank 30th in the league for opponent assists per game this season (30.1).
- The Hornets rank 30th in the league for three-point field goals made per game this season (8.7).
- The Hornets rank 30th in the league for three-point field goal attempts per game this season (28.3).
I'm guessing that this won't be the most watched game of the night given how poor these two teams have been playing so far. Yes, the Wizards were good enough to take down the Hornets on Wednesday, but you couldn't bet on either side with much confidence this season. This is a game I'd rather avoid, but if I had to pick, I'd lean towards the Wizards getting a similar result in this spot behind another big game from Kuzma.