Hawks vs Magic Prediction - NBA Picks 11/9/23
Orlando Magic (4-3) vs Atlanta Hawks (4-3)
Game Info: Thursday, November 9, 2023 at 9:30 pm (Mexico City Arena)
Betting Odds: Orlando Magic +3 -- Over/Under: 231.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Atlanta Hawks and Orlando Magic meet Thursday in NBA action at the Mexico City Arena. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Atlanta Hawks Betting Preview
The Atlanta Hawks look for a win after winning 4 of their last 5 games. The Atlanta Hawks have split their first 4 non-home games. The Atlanta Hawks are averaging 122 points on 47.2 percent shooting and allowing 116.7 points on 48.3 percent shooting. Dejounte Murray is averaging 22.6 points and 4.7 rebounds, while Trae Young is averaging 21.7 points and 2.9 rebounds. De’Andre Hunter is the third double-digit scorer, and Jalen Johnson is grabbing 8.9 rebounds. The Atlanta Hawks are shooting 34.2 percent from beyond the arc and 84.3 percent from the free throw line. The Atlanta Hawks are allowing 36 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 48 rebounds per game.
Atlanta Hawks Player Facts
- Trae Young ranks 2nd amongst qualified players for assists per game (10.4) this season.
- Clint Capela ranks 13th amongst qualified players for rebounds per game (10.4) this season.
Orlando Magic Betting Preview
The Orlando Magic look for a win after splitting their last 6 games. The Orlando Magic have split their first 4 non-home games. The Orlando Magic are averaging 108.6 points on 45.5 percent shooting and allowing 105.4 points on 46.1 percent shooting. Franz Wagner is averaging 18.7 points and 3.3 assists, while Paolo Banchero is averaging 18.1 points and 6 rebounds. Cole Anthony is the third double-digit scorer and Moritz Wagner is grabbing 4.1 rebounds. The Orlando Magic are shooting 31.9 percent from beyond the arc and 73.1 percent from the free throw line. The Orlando Magic are allowing 34.4 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 45.4 rebounds per game.
Orlando Magic Player Facts
- Jalen Suggs ranks T3rd in the Eastern Conference amongst qualified players for FT% (92.9%) this season.
- Paolo Banchero ranks T5th in the Eastern Conference amongst qualified players for steals per game (1.6) this season.
- The Magic rank 1st in the league for opponent rebounds per game this season (40.1).
- The Magic rank 30th in the league for H2 points per game this season (48.0).
- The Hawks rank 1st in the league for free throws made per game this season (23.0).
- The Hawks rank 1st in the league for Q3 points per game this season (33.0).
The Atlanta Hawks are the more talented team and should be favored, but this line has shifted a lot in their direction. I'm now looking in the Magic's direction. The Orlando Magic have been a feisty group up to this point, and their defense has more than held its own. The Hawks also have a history of letting bettors down right when people start to believe in them. The Magic appear to be playing with a chip on their shoulder and this is a chance to earn more stripes with a short card and everybody paying attention. Give me the free bucket.