New York Knicks (3-4) vs San Antonio Spurs (3-4)
Game Info: Wednesday, November 8, 2023 at 7:30 pm (Madison Square Garden)
Betting Odds: New York Knicks -9.5 -- Over/Under: 224 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The San Antonio Spurs travel to Madison Square Garden to battle the New York Knicks on Wednesday.
San Antonio Spurs
The San Antonio Spurs will be hoping to avoid a third straight loss after getting completely blown out by the Pacers in a 152-111 road defeat on Monday. Doug McDermott led the scoring with 17 points off the bench, Keldon Johnson added 16 points while Victor Wembanyama chipped in with 13 points, 10 rebounds and two blocks on three of 12 shooting. As a team, the Spurs shot just 42 percent from the field and eight of 26 from the 3-point line as they struggled to contain the Pacers from the start and were just never in the contest after leaking 86 points in the first half.
San Antonio Spurs Player Facts
- Victor Wembanyama ranks 2nd amongst qualified players for Blocks Per Game (2.6) this season.
- Zach Collins ranks T6th amongst qualified Centers for assists per game (4.3) this season.
New York Knicks
Meanwhile, the New York Knicks have endured a slow start to the season, but they will be feeling better after outlasting the revamped Clippers in a 111-97 home win on Monday. Julius Randle led the team with 27 points, 10 rebounds and three assists, RJ Barrett added 26 points on nine of 16 shooting while Mitchell Robinson chipped in with 13 points, 15 rebounds and four steals. As a team, the Knicks shot 46 percent from the field and 12 of 31 from the 3-point line as they scored just 19 points in the first quarter to trail for most of the game, until they flipped a switch and dominated the fourth quarter by 35-21 to pull away and earn the much-needed win.
New York Knicks Player Facts
- Mitchell Robinson ranks 1st in the Eastern Conference amongst qualified players for rebounds per game (12.4) this season.
- Julius Randle ranks T12th amongst qualified players for rebounds per game (10.4) this season.
- The Knicks rank 1st in the league for opponent assists per game this season (21.7).
- The Knicks rank 1st in the league for offensive rebounds per game this season (15.3).
- The Spurs rank 30th in the league for opponent three-point percentage this season (40.3%).
- The Spurs rank 29th in the league for opponent points per game this season (125.9).
The Spurs are going to be shorthanded once again with Devin Vassell listed as doubtful, while the Knicks are coming into this one with a full roster. The Spurs have shown glimpses of their potential already this season, but we've also seen some major red flags like their loss to the Pacers where they allowed 152 points. The Knicks haven't been setting the world on fire, but they've been solid in just about every game so far and they just made light work of the revamped Clippers in their last outing. The Spurs can make some noise here if they come out swinging, but I actually think we're in for another blowout loss as the Knicks should be too good at home.