Pelicans vs Timberwolves Prediction - NBA Picks 11/8/23
Minnesota Timberwolves (4-2) vs New Orleans Pelicans (4-3)
Game Info: Wednesday, November 8, 2023 at 8:00 pm (Target Center)
Betting Odds: Minnesota Timberwolves -7.5 -- Over/Under: 219 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The New Orleans Pelicans and Minnesota Timberwolves meet Wednesday in NBA action at the Target Center. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
New Orleans Pelicans Betting Preview
The New Orleans Pelicans look for a win after splitting their last 6 games. The New Orleans Pelicans have won 2 of their first 3 road games. The New Orleans Pelicans are averaging 109.3 points on 45.4 percent shooting and allowing 114.3 points on 45.8 percent shooting. Zion Williamson is averaging 21.8 points and 7 rebounds, while CJ McCollum is averaging 21.7 points and 4.8 rebounds. Brandon Ingram is the third double-digit scorer and Jordan Hawkins is grabbing 4 rebounds. The New Orleans Pelicans are shooting 33.9 percent from beyond the arc and 73.2 percent from the free throw line. The New Orleans Pelicans are allowing 30.4 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 43 rebounds per game.
New Orleans Pelicans Player Facts
- Herb Jones is one of only two qualified players in the league averaging at least 1.5 steals and 1.5 blocks this season.
- Jordan Hawkins ranks 1st amongst qualified rookies for three-pointers made Per Game (2.9) this season.
Minnesota Timberwolves Betting Preview
The Minnesota Timberwolves look to build on their 3-game winning streak. The Minnesota Timberwolves have won their first 4 home games this season. The Minnesota Timberwolves are averaging 110 points on 47.4 percent shooting and allowing 101.2 points on 42.1 percent shooting. Anthony Edwards is averaging 28.2 points and 6.7 rebounds, while Karl-Anthony Towns is averaging 16.7 points and 2.7 assists. Naz Reid is the third double-digit scorer and Rudy Gobert is grabbing 12.3 rebounds. The Minnesota Timberwolves are shooting 36.7 percent from beyond the arc and 75 percent from the free throw line. The Minnesota Timberwolves are allowing 31.7 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 47 rebounds per game.
Minnesota Timberwolves Player Facts
- Mike Conley ranks 1st amongst qualified players for assist:turnover ratio (26.0) this season.
- Rudy Gobert ranks 5th amongst qualified players for rebounds per game (12.3) this season.
- The Timberwolves rank 1st in the league for opponent points per game this season (101.2).
- The Timberwolves rank 1st in the league for opponent field goal percentage this season (42.1%).
- The Pelicans rank 30th in the league for opponent rebounds per game this season (50.6).
- The Pelicans rank 1st in the league for opponent three-point percentage this season (30.4%).
As Ive said before, I'm high on the New Orleans Pelicans, and getting them in the underdog role is intriguing. However, the Pels are banged up with no CJ McCollum and Jose Alvarado, and now Herbert Jones is questionable with a leg injury. The Minnesota Timberwolves have been great at home through 4 games, and they're the far healthier team. Thick line, but the Pelicans injuries force me to side with the home team.