Indiana Pacers (4-3) vs Utah Jazz (2-6)
Game Info: Wednesday, November 8, 2023 at 7:00 pm (Gainbridge Fieldhouse)
Betting Odds: Indiana Pacers -6.5 -- Over/Under: 240.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Utah Jazz and the Indiana Pacers duke it out at the Gainbridge Fieldhouse on Wednesday night.
The Utah Jazz have lost five of their last six games overall and they will be hoping to snap a three-game skid after getting run over by the Bulls in a 130-113 road loss on Monday. Lauri Markkanen led the team with 29 points on eight of 15 shooting, Walker Kessler added 15 points with 15 rebounds and four blocks while John Collins chipped in with 14 points on six of nine shooting. As a team, the Jazz shot 47 percent from the field and 16 of 43 from the 3-point line, but they started cold and scored just 20 points in the second quarter to fall behind early, before they got blown out in the third quarter where they trailed by as many as 25 points.
Utah Jazz Player Facts
- Lauri Markkanen ranks 1st amongst qualified Centers for three-pointers made Per Game (4.3) this season.
- John Collins ranks T11th in the Western Conference amongst qualified players for rebounds per game (8.5) this season.
Meanwhile, the Indiana Pacers are starting to build some momentum with two wins in their past three outings and they will be eager to stay hot after blowing past the Spurs in a 152-111 home win on Monday. Tyrese Haliburton led the team with 23 points and eight assists, Obi Toppin and Buddy Hield scored 19 points apiece while Myles Turner tallied 15 points with 11 rebounds in just 21 minutes of action. As a team, the Pacers shot 57 percent from the field and a sizzling 20 of 38 from the 3-point line as they set the tone with 44 points in the first quarter and just never took their foot off the gas to earn their biggest win of the season so far.
Indiana Pacers Player Facts
- Tyrese Haliburton ranks 1st amongst qualified players for assists per game (11.7) this season.
- Myles Turner is one of only eight qualified players in the league averaging at least 1.5 threes and 1.5 blocks this season.
- The Pacers rank 1st in the league for points per game this season (124.9).
- The Pacers rank 1st in the league for assists per game this season (31.9).
- The Jazz rank 30th in the league for opponent steals per game this season (9.9).
- The Jazz rank 30th in the league for turnovers per game this season (17.8).
The Jazz are keeping an eye on Walker Kessley who is questionable with a left elbow sprain, while the Pacers are coming into this one with a full roster. The Jazz have been one of the biggest disappointments so far this season and their confidence took another gut shot after getting routed by the struggling Bulls in their last outing. In contrast, the Pacers are starting to show signs of life and they just put on 152 points in a win over the Spurs in their last game. It wouldn't shock me if the Jazz pulled off the upset here, but the Pacers are clearly the team in better form and I think they get the job done at home.