Brooklyn Nets (3-4) vs Los Angeles Clippers (3-3)
Game Info: Wednesday, November 8, 2023 at 7:30 pm (Barclays Center)
Betting Odds: Brooklyn Nets +3.5 -- Over/Under: 226.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Los Angeles Clippers and the Brooklyn Nets duke it out at the Barclays Center on Wednesday night.
Los Angeles Clippers
The Los Angeles Clippers will be hoping to snap a two-game skid after getting routed by the Knicks in a 111-97 road loss on Monday. Kawhi Leonard led the team with 18 points on eight of 16 shooting, Russell Westbrook and James Harden scored 16 points each while Norman Powell chipped in with 14 points off the bench. As a team, the Clippers shot 49 percent from the field and 11 of 32 from the 3-point line as they kept pace with the Knicks in a tight contest until the fourth quarter where they got outscored by 35-21 to lose by double-digits in the end. Paul George had a night to forget as he finished with just 10 points on two of 11 shooting with four turnovers.
Los Angeles Clippers Player Facts
- Paul George ranks 2nd amongst qualified players for steals per game (2.5) this season.
- Ivica Zubac ranks 2nd in the Western Conference amongst qualified players for FG% (64.3%) this season.
Meanwhile, the Brooklyn Nets have yet to really get going this season as they've lost four of their first seven overall and they will be looking to avoid a third straight defeat after falling just short to the Bucks in a 129-125 loss on Monday. Cam Thomas led the team with 45 points on 17 of 33 shooting, Mikal Bridges added 31 points on 12 of 21 shooting while Lonnie Walker chipped in with 19 points off the bench. As a team, the Nets shot 48 percent from the field and 16 of 45 from the 3-point line as they got off to a quick start with 67 points in the first half to build a 10-point lead, but they just didn't have the scoring depth to maintain that pace in the second half where the Bucks took over. Dorian Finney-Smith had a rough night as he scored just seven points on three of 12 shooting while Ben Simmons scored just two points.
Brooklyn Nets Player Facts
- Cameron Thomas is the only player to have scored 35+ points off the bench in a game this season.
- Ben Simmons ranks 1st amongst qualified Guards for rebounds per game (10.8) this season.
- The Nets rank 30th in the league for steals per game this season (5.1).
- The Nets rank 30th in the league for opponent turnovers per game this season (11.1).
- The Clippers rank 1st in the league for steals per game this season (10.7).
- The Clippers rank 1st in the league for opponent turnovers per game this season (17.8).
The Clippers could be shorthanded again as Terance Mann is listed as questionable for this one, while the Nets could again be missing Nic Claxton and Cameron Johnson. The Clippers were able to test out their new lineup without success in their last outing against the Knicks and they could be in for another tough test as the Nets were able to take it to the Bucks in their last game. The Clippers are clearly the team with more firepower at their disposal, but it's going to take some time for them to learn how to work effectively together, so I'm backing the Nets to pull off the upset at home in this spot.