Philadelphia 76ers (5-1) vs Boston Celtics (5-1)
Game Info: Wednesday, November 8, 2023 at 7:00 pm (Wells Fargo Center)
Betting Odds: Philadelphia 76ers +1.5 -- Over/Under: 227.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Boston Celtics invade the Wells Fargo Center to battle the Philadelphia 76ers on Wednesday.
The Boston Celtics will be looking to bounce back in this one after having their five-game win streak halted by the Timberwolves in a 114-109 overtime road loss on Monday. Jayson Tatum led the team with 32 points and five steals on 12 of 22 shooting, Jaylen Brown added 26 points with seven rebounds and four assists while Kristaps Porzingis chipped in with 20 points. As a team, the Celtics shot just 39 percent from the field and 11 of 39 from the 3-point line as they worked hard to erase a seven-point fourth quarter deficit to force overtime where they managed just eight points to allow the Timberwolves off the hook in the end.
Boston Celtics Player Facts
- Jayson Tatum ranks 5th amongst qualified players for points per game (30.5) this season.
- Kristaps Porzingis is one of only eight qualified players in the league averaging at least 1.5 threes and 1.5 blocks this season.
Meanwhile, the Philadelphia 76ers have been on fire and they will be looking to build on their current five-game win streak after blowing past the lowly Wizards in a 146-128 home win on Monday. Joel Embiid led the team with 48 points, 11 rebounds and six assists on 17 of 25 shooting, Tyrese Maxey added 22 points with 11 assists while Tobias Harris chipped in with 18 points, five rebounds and five assists. As a team, the 76ers shot 56 percent from the field and 12 of 31 from the 3-point line as they jumped all over the Wizards early and poured in 75 points in the first half, before they exploded for 45 points in the third quarter to put the game to bed early.
Philadelphia 76ers Player Facts
- Joel Embiid ranks T1st amongst qualified players for points per game (32.5) this season.
- Tyrese Maxey ranks 3rd in the Eastern Conference amongst qualified players for FT% (93.3%) this season.
- The 76ers rank 1st in the league for blocks per game this season (7.3).
- The 76ers rank 1st in the league for free throws made per game this season (23.3).
- The Celtics rank 1st in the league for point differential per game this season (+14.5).
- The Celtics rank 1st in the league for rebounds per game this season (50.7).
There's no reason this game shouldn't be a classic as both teams are in red-hot form coming into this meeting. The Celtics were undefeated after five games and they were on fire before they got stopped in their tracks by the Timberwolves in a tough overtime loss on Monday, while the 76ers are currently on a five-game win streak of their own. You can make an argument for either side here, but it's hard to go past the 76ers as the slight underdogs at home.Give me the 76ers to earn the statement win behind a big game from Embiid.