Pelicans vs Nuggets Prediction - NBA Picks 11/6/23
Denver Nuggets (6-1) vs New Orleans Pelicans (4-2)
Game Info: Monday, November 6, 2023 at 9:00 pm (Ball Arena)
Betting Odds: Denver Nuggets -6 -- Over/Under: 223.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The New Orleans Pelicans and Denver Nuggets meet Monday in NBA action at the Ball Arena. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
New Orleans Pelicans Betting Preview
The New Orleans Pelicans look for a statement win to build on their impressive 4-2 start. The New Orleans Pelicans have won their first 2 road games. The New Orleans Pelicans are averaging 108.2 points on 44.6 percent shooting and allowing 111 points on 44.4 percent shooting. Zion Williamson is averaging 22.2 points and 6.4 rebounds, while CJ McCollum is averaging 21.7 points and 4.8 rebounds. Brandon Ingram is the third double-digit scorer and Jonas Valanciunas is grabbing 8.5 rebounds. The New Orleans Pelicans are shooting 32.5 percent from beyond the arc and 71.8 percent from the free throw line. The New Orleans Pelicans are allowing 29.1 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 43.8 rebounds per game.
New Orleans Pelicans Team Facts
- The Pelicans have won each of their last four games as underdogs following a home loss.
- The Pelicans have covered the spread in eight of their last nine road games against Northwest Division opponents after losing as favorites.
- Fourteen of the Pelicans' last 15 road games against Western Conference opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
Denver Nuggets Betting Preview
The Denver Nuggets look for a win to improve to 7-1 on the year. The Denver Nuggets have won their first 4 home games. The Denver Nuggets are averaging 114.6 points on 51.2 percent shooting and allowing 104.7 points on 44.5 percent shooting. Nikola Jokic is averaging 27.4 points and 12.7 rebounds, while Jamal Murray is averaging 16.3 points and 2.6 rebounds. Michael Porter Jr. is the third double-digit scorer and Aaron Gordon is grabbing 5.9 rebounds. The Denver Nuggets are shooting 36.9 percent from beyond the arc and 69.7 percent from the free throw line. The Denver Nuggets are allowing 31.4 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 45.1 rebounds per game.
Denver Nuggets Team Facts
- The Nuggets have won each of their last 13 home games against Western Conference opponents.
- The Nuggets have covered the spread in 15 of their last 17 home games against Western Conference opponents that held a winning record.
- Six of the Nuggets' last seven games against Western Conference opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
- The Nuggets rank 1st in the league for field goal percentage this season (51.2%).
- The Nuggets rank 30th in the league for free throw percentage this season (69.7%).
- The Pelicans rank 30th in the league for opponent rebounds per game this season (51.5).
- The Pelicans rank 30th in the league for opponent offensive rebounds per game this season (14.8).
The New Orleans Pelicans are a team I've been high on from the start, and the way they're playing out of the gate has me feeling good. However, the Pels are banged up, with Jose Alvarado still out and now CJ McCollum sidelined with a lung issue. The Denver Nuggets have been a buzz saw up to this point, and they're usually even better on their home court. This won't be easy with the Pelicans down a couple of key players. I'll lay the chalk with the Nuggets.