Mavericks vs Magic Prediction - NBA Picks 11/6/23
Orlando Magic (4-2) vs Dallas Mavericks (4-1)
Game Info: Monday, November 6, 2023 at 7:00 pm (Amway Center)
Betting Odds: Orlando Magic -1.5 -- Over/Under: 224.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Dallas Mavericks pay a visit to the Orlando Magic at the Amway Center on Monday night.
The Dallas Mavericks have been one of the form teams of the league with five wins in their first six games and they will be eager to stay hot after outlasting the Hornets in a 124-118 home win last night. Grant Williams led the way with 18 points on seven of nine shooting, Kyrie Irving steered the offense with 18 points and 10 assists, Luka Doncic tallied 23 points with 12 rebounds and nine assists while Tim Hardaway Jr. chipped in with 16 points off the bench. As a team, the Mavericks shot 47 percent from the field and 14 of 42 from the 3-point line as they struggled to keep pace in the first half and trailed by 15 points, before they clicked into gear and exploded for 74 points in the second half to escape with the narrow win.
Dallas Mavericks Team Facts
- The Mavericks have lost each of their last seven road games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Mavericks have failed to cover the spread in each of their last four games against teams that held a winning record.
- Eight of the Mavericks' last nine games as underdogs following a home win have gone OVER the total points line.
Meanwhile, the Orlando Magic have won four of their first six games overall and they will be aiming for a third straight victory after blowing past the Lakers in a 120-101 home win on Saturday. Franz Wagner led the team with 26 points on 12 of 28 shooting, Paolo Banchero added 25 points with seven rebounds and 10 assists while Cole Anthony chipped in with 14 points off the bench. As a team, the Magic shot 45 percent from the field and 12 of 33 from the 3-point line as they jumped all over the Lakers from the start, pouring in 39 points in the first quarter to open a double-digit lead, before they went on another run in the second half to push the lead out to 25 points.
Orlando Magic Team Facts
- The Magic have lost four of their last five games as home favorites against Western Conference opponents following a win.
- The Magic have covered the spread in 10 of their last 11 games as home favorites against opponents who are on the second leg of a back-to-back.
- Each of the Magic's last seven games against the Mavericks following a home win have gone OVER the total points line.
- The Magic rank T1st in the league for H1 win percentage this season (100.0%).
- The Magic rank 2nd in the league for steals per game this season (9.8).
- The Mavericks rank 1st in the league for three-point field goals made per game this season (17.3).
- The Mavericks rank 1st in the league for three-point field goal attempts per game this season (43.7).
The Mavericks will be without Maxi Kleber once again, while the Magic have ruled out Gary Harris and Markelle Fultz for this one. Both teams are in similar form coming into this meeting, but the Mavericks will be playing this one on zero days' rest after beating the Hornets last night. The Magic have been playing well so far this season and they will be full of confidence after thrashing the Lakers in their last outing, so I think they keep the momentum going with another win and cover at this short line.