Miami Heat (2-4) vs Los Angeles Lakers (3-3)
Game Info: Monday, November 6, 2023 at 7:30 pm (Kaseya Center)
Betting Odds: Miami Heat -1.5 -- Over/Under: 226 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Miami Heat play host to the Los Angeles Lakers at the Kaseya Center on Monday night.
Los Angeles Lakers
The Los Angeles Lakers have split their first six games overall and they will be hoping to bounce back after getting routed by the Magic in a 120-101 road loss on Saturday. Anthony Davis led the team with 228 points and 13 rebounds on 10 of 15 shooting, LeBron James added 24 points with nine rebounds and five assists while Austin Reaves chipped in with 20 points on seven of 11 shooting. As a team, the Lakers shot 44 percent from the field and eight of 30 from the 3-point line as they struggled to match the intensity of the Magic from the start and they were always fighting an uphill battle after getting outscored by 39-25 in the first quarter. D'Angelo Russell had a night to forget as he shot just four of 17 from the field and one of 10 from the 3-point line.
Los Angeles Lakers Team Facts
- The Lakers have won each of their last eight night games against Eastern Conference opponents that held a losing record.
- The Lakers have failed to cover the spread in seven of their last eight games.
- Five of the Lakers' last six games against Southeast Division opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
Meanwhile, the Miami Heat have yet to find their groove this season, but they will be feeling much better after arresting a four-game slide with a 121-114 win over the Wizards on Friday. Tyler Herro led the team with 24 points, 10 rebounds and nine assists, Jimmy Butler added 29 points on seven of 11 shooting while Bam Adebayo and Duncan Robinson scored 18 points each. As a team, the Heat shot a sizzling 60 percent from the field and 13 of 27 from the 3-point line as they held the Wizards to just 20 points in the third quarter to take the lead into halftime, before they exploded for 41 points in the third quarter to lead by as many as 25 points.
Miami Heat Team Facts
- The Heat have won each of their last six home games against Pacific Division opponents.
- The Heat have failed to cover the spread in each of their last five games at Kaseya Center.
- Each of the Heat's last eight Monday games at Kaseya Center have gone OVER the total points line.
- The Heat rank 28th in the league for blocks per game this season (3.0).
- The Heat rank 3rd in the league for opponent free throw percentage this season (67.8%).
- The Lakers rank 30th in the league for opponent field goal attempts per game this season (95.2).
- The Lakers rank 30th in the league for Q1 opponent points per game this season (34.2).
The Lakers are still shorthanded as Rui Hachimura, Jaxson Hayes and Gabe Vincent are all out, while the Heat are still missing RJ Hampton and Caleb Martin. The Lakers were starting to build some momentum before they got blown out by the Magic on Saturday, while the Heat are still one of the coldest teams in the league despite their narrow win over the lowly Wizards. The Heat should have a couple players returning with Duncan Robinson and Jimmy Butler listed as probable, but I'm sticking with the Lakers to get the win as the slight underdogs here.