Hawks vs Thunder Prediction - NBA Picks 11/6/23
Oklahoma City Thunder (3-3) vs Atlanta Hawks (4-2)
Game Info: Monday, November 6, 2023 at 8:00 pm (Paycom Center)
Betting Odds: Oklahoma City Thunder +3.5 -- Over/Under: 236.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Atlanta Hawks and Oklahoma City Thunder meet Monday in NBA action at the Paycom Center. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Atlanta Hawks Betting Preview
The Atlanta Hawks look to build on their 4-game winning streak. The Atlanta Hawks have won 2 of their 3 road games. The Atlanta Hawks are averaging 122.8 points on 49.1 percent shooting and allowing 115.2 points on 48.4 percent shooting. Trae Young is averaging 21.7 points and 2.7 rebounds, while Dejounte Murray is averaging 21.5 points and 4.8 rebounds. De’Andre Hunter is the third double-digit scorer, and Jalen Johnson is grabbing 8.3 rebounds. The Atlanta Hawks are shooting 34.3 percent from beyond the arc and 84.3 percent from the free throw line. The Atlanta Hawks are allowing 35.4 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 46.2 rebounds per game.
Atlanta Hawks Team Facts
- The Hawks have lost each of their last four games as road favorites after winning as underdogs.
- The Hawks have failed to cover the spread in 10 of their last 11 road games after winning as underdogs.
- Each of the Hawks' last seven night games at Paycom Center have gone OVER the total points line.
Oklahoma City Thunder Betting Preview
The Oklahoma City Thunder need a win to get above a .500 record. The Oklahoma City Thunder have lost 3 of their first 4 home games. The Oklahoma City Thunder are averaging 116 points on 49.5 percent shooting and allowing 116.7 points on 46.2 percent shooting. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander is averaging 24.8 points and 6.6 assists, while Chet Holmgren is averaging 17.2 points and 7.3 rebounds. Jalen Williams is the third double-digit scorer and Luguentz Dort is grabbing 3.8 rebounds. The Oklahoma City Thunder are shooting 38.6 percent from beyond the arc and 83.3 percent from the free throw line. The Oklahoma City Thunder are allowing 36.2 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 40.7 rebounds per game.
Oklahoma City Thunder Team Facts
- The Thunder have won each of their last seven games against Eastern Conference opponents following a loss.
- The Thunder have covered the spread in each of their last nine games against Eastern Conference opponents that held a winning record.
- Each of the last seven games between the Hawks and Thunder at Paycom Center have gone OVER the total points line.
- The Thunder rank 30th in the league for offensive rebounds per game this season (6.2).
- The Thunder rank 29th in the league for opponent offensive rebounds per game this season (13.2).
- The Hawks rank 1st in the league for opponent rebounds per game this season (40.5).
- The Hawks rank 1st in the league for free throw percentage this season (84.3%).
This line is a bit strange to me. Yes, the hawks are riding a 4-game winning streak and have had some success on the road, but they've also been a hit or miss team over the years and their defensive effort comes and goes. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander hasn't been ruled out as he's currently questionable at the time of this writing, and OKC is due for a good showing at home overall. A strong argument can be made that OKC is the better team here. Getting more than a free bucket? I'll take it.