Brooklyn Nets (3-3) vs Milwaukee Bucks (3-2)
Game Info: Monday, November 6, 2023 at 7:30 pm (Barclays Center)
Betting Odds: Brooklyn Nets +5 -- Over/Under: 230 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Milwaukee Bucks and the Brooklyn Nets duke it out at the Barclays Center on Monday night.
The Milwaukee Bucks have won three of their first five games overall and they will be looking to build some momentum after sneaking past the Knicks in a 110-105 win on Friday. Damian Lillard led the way with 30 points, Giannis Antetokounmpo tallied 22 points with eight rebounds and six assists while Jae Crowder chipped in with 14 points on five of eight shooting off the bench. As a team, the Bucks shot 42 percent from the field and a sizzling 20 of 39 from the 3-point line as they exploded for 35 points in the second quarter to build a 14-point lead which was just enough of a lead to hold off the Knicks in a close finish.
Milwaukee Bucks Team Facts
- The Bucks have lost each of their last three games as favorites following a home win.
- The Bucks have failed to cover the spread in each of their last eight road games.
- Each of the Bucks' last eight road games against Eastern Conference opponents have gone OVER the total points line.
Meanwhile, the Brooklyn Nets were riding a three-game win streak before they got stopped in their tracks by the Celtics in a 121-114 loss on Saturday. Cam Thomas led the team with 27 points on 11 of 24 shooting, Mikal Bridges and Spencer Dinwiddie scored 19 points each while Dorian Finney-Smith chipped in with 14 points. As a team, the Nets shot 43 percent from the field and 17 of 52 from the 3-point line as they worked hard to cut a 14-point deficit to just three points, only to fade away in the fourth quarter to drop to 0-2 at home this season.
Brooklyn Nets Team Facts
- The Nets have lost each of their last nine home games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Nets have failed to cover the spread in each of their last six games against Eastern Conference opponents that held a winning record.
- Seven of the last eight games between the Bucks and Nets have gone UNDER the total points line.
- The Nets rank 30th in the league for steals per game this season (5.7).
- The Nets rank 2nd in the league for opponent offensive rebounds per game this season (9.2).
- The Bucks rank 1st in the league for opponent blocks per game this season (3.0).
- The Bucks rank 1st in the league for free throw attempts per game this season (30.4).
The Bucks don't have a single player listed on their injury report, while the Nets are still missing Nic Claxton and Cameron Johnson. The Bucks have yet to really hit their stride as they continue to learn how to play with Lillard, but they are still deserved favorites in this spot given their firepower. Still, the Nets have been playing great basketball lately and they were right in the contest against the undefeated Celtics on Saturday, so I think they can hang in this one. I think the Bucks do enough to get the win, but I like the Nets to get the cover.