Detroit Pistons (2-4) vs Phoenix Suns (2-4)
Game Info: Sunday, November 5, 2023 at 3:00 pm (Little Caesars Arena)
Betting Odds: Detroit Pistons +5.5 -- Over/Under: 223.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Phoenix Suns and the Detroit Pistons collide at Little Caesars Arena on Sunday afternoon.
The Phoenix Suns have been in a rut as they've lost four of their last five games and they will be hoping to snap a three-game skid after getting beaten by the 76ers in a 112-100 road loss last night. Kevin Durant led the team with 31 points, eight rebounds and three assists, Eric Gordon added 13 points while Jusuf Nurkic chipped in with 11 points, nine rebounds and five assists. As a team, the Suns shot just 36 percent from the field and nine of 35 from the 3-point line which was still good enough to hang in the contest, until the fourth quarter where the 76ers finally pulled away.
Phoenix Suns Team Facts
- The Suns have won each of their last 12 games against Central Division opponents that held a losing record.
- The Suns have covered the spread in each of their last seven road games against Central Division opponents that held a losing record.
- Each of the Suns' last nine games as road favorites following a road loss have gone UNDER the total points line.
Meanwhile, the Detroit Pistons are hoping to put an end to a three-game skid of their own after falling short against the Pelicans in a 125-116 loss on Thursday. Cade Cunningham led the team with 22 points and 11 assists, Marcus Sasser added 19 points off the bench while Ausar Thompson chipped in with 16 points, seven rebounds and five assists. As a team, the Pistons shot 43 percent from the field and 13 of 38 from the 3-point line as they struggled to keep pace with the Pelicans from the start, falling behind by as many as 25 points before they made a late charge to keep the final scores respectable.
Detroit Pistons Team Facts
- The Pistons have lost each of their last 16 day games.
- The Pistons have failed to cover the spread in nine of their last 10 games as home underdogs against Western Conference opponents.
- Each of the Pistons' last four games against opponents who are on the second leg of a back-to-back have gone OVER the total points line.
- The Pistons rank 30th in the league for turnovers per game this season (18.2).
- The Pistons rank 30th in the league for opponent free throws made per game this season (23.8).
- The Suns rank 30th in the league for Q4 points per game this season (22.5).
- The Suns rank T28th in the league for field goal attempts per game this season (85.5).
The Suns are still missing Bradley Beal and they could be without Devin Booker, while the Pistons are still missing Bojan Bogdanovic, Alec Burks and Isaiah Livers. The Suns have gone off the boil with four losses in their last five as they struggle to deal with injuries, but they looked pretty good at times despite their lack of success and I think they can get over hte hump against this lowly Pistons team. The line isn't too hefty, so I'm comfortable taking the Suns to get the win and cover on the road.