San Antonio Spurs (3-2) vs Toronto Raptors (2-4)
Game Info: Sunday, November 5, 2023 at 3:30 pm (Frost Bank Center)
Betting Odds: San Antonio Spurs +3.5 -- Over/Under: 224.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Toronto Raptors pay a visit to the San Antonio Spurs at the AT&T Center on Sunday night.
The Toronto Raptors have lost four of their last five games overall and they will be hoping for a better performance after getting thrashed by the 76ers in a 114-99 road loss on Thursday. Scottie Barnes led the team with 24 points, eight rebounds and eight assists, OG Anunoby added 16 points while Dennis Schroder chipped in with 13 points and 10 assists. As a team, the Raptors shot 48 percent from the field and 10 of 28 from the 3-point line as they got off to a slow start and were outscored by the 76ers in every quarter.
Toronto Raptors Team Facts
- The Raptors have lost each of their last eight road games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Raptors have covered the spread in each of their last five games against the Spurs.
- Each of the Raptors' last six day games against Southwest Division opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
San Antonio Spurs
Meanwhile, the San Antonio Spurs have won three of their last four games overall and they will be aiming for a third straight victory after blowing past the Suns in a 132-121 road win on Thursday. Victor Wembanyama led the team with 38 points and 10 rebounds on 15 of 26 shooting, Zach Collins added 19 points while Devin Vassell chipped in with 17 points in just 17 minutes of action. As a team, the Spurs shot 52 percent from the field and 18 of 37 from the 3-point line as they jumped all over the Suns from the start, dominating the first quarter by 39-20, before they poured in another 36 points in the second quarter to push the lead out to 27 points.
San Antonio Spurs Team Facts
- The Spurs have won 14 of their last 15 home games against Atlantic Division opponents that held a losing record.
- The Spurs have failed to cover the spread in eight of their last nine games following a win.
- Eight of the Spurs' last nine home games have gone OVER the total points line.
- The Spurs rank 30th in the league for opponent field goal percentage this season (51.0%).
- The Spurs rank 2nd in the league for opponent offensive rebounds per game this season (8.8).
- The Raptors rank 1st in the league for opponent assists per game this season (20.5).
- The Raptors rank 1st in the league for opponent field goal percentage this season (42.6%).
The Raptors are still without Christian Koloko and Precious Achiuwa, while the Spurs will be missing Devin Vassell. The Raptors have opened as favorites here despite their recent lack of form, losing four in their last five overall, so I'm more interested in taking the Spurs as the home underdog in this spot. Vassell is a big loss for the Spurs, but they are playing the better basketball at the moment and they looked great in their win over the Suns on Thursday.