Hornets vs Mavericks Prediction - NBA Picks 11/5/23
Dallas Mavericks (4-1) vs Charlotte Hornets (2-3)
Game Info: Sunday, November 5, 2023 at 7:30 pm (American Airlines Center)
Betting Odds: Dallas Mavericks -11 -- Over/Under: 236 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Charlotte Hornets and Dallas Mavericks meet Sunday in NBA action at the American Airlines Center. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Charlotte Hornets Betting Preview
The Charlotte Hornets look to get back to a .500 record. The Charlotte Hornets have split their first 2 road games. The Charlotte Hornets are averaging 116 points on 48 percent shooting and allowing 121.2 points on 48.8 percent shooting. Terry Rozier is averaging 22 points and 3.5 rebounds, while PJ Washington is averaging 19 points and 5.8 rebounds. LaMelo Ball is the third double-digit scorer and Brandon Miller is grabbing 5.8 rebounds. The Charlotte Hornets are shooting 31.5 percent from beyond the arc and 82 percent from the free throw line. The Charlotte Hornets are allowing 40.2 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 43.2 rebounds per game.
Charlotte Hornets Team Facts
- The Hornets have won four of their last five games as road underdogs.
- The Hornets have failed to cover the spread in six of their last seven road games against Western Conference opponents after winning as underdogs.
- Five of the Hornets' last six games against Southwest Division opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
Dallas Mavericks Betting Preview
The Dallas Mavericks look to build on their 4-1 start to the season. The Dallas Mavericks have won their first 2 home games. The Dallas Mavericks are averaging 120.8 points on 47.8 percent shooting and allowing 115.8 points on 49.2 percent shooting. Luka Doncic is averaging 33.8 points and 9.4 assists, while Kyrie Irving is averaging 20.3 points and 3.3 rebounds. Tim Hardaway Jr. is the third double-digit scorer and Grant Williams is grabbing 5 rebounds. The Dallas Mavericks are shooting 40.9 percent from beyond the arc and 76.7 percent from the free throw line. The Dallas Mavericks are allowing 39.3 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 43 rebounds per game.
Dallas Mavericks Team Facts
- The Mavericks have lost each of their last seven games as favorites against Southeast Division opponents.
- The Mavericks have failed to cover the spread in each of their last 10 games as favorites against Southeast Division opponents.
- Each of the Mavericks' last five games as favorites against the Hornets have gone UNDER the total points line.
- The Mavericks rank 1st in the league for three-point field goals made per game this season (18.0).
- The Mavericks rank 1st in the league for three-point field goal attempts per game this season (44.0).
- The Hornets have missed the playoffs in seven consecutive seasons - longest active streak in the NBA
- The Hornets rank 1st in the league for Q4 points per game this season (34.8).
The Charlotte Hornets are coming off a nice road win over the Pacers, but they've been awful for the most part through 5 games, and it's hard to trust them on the end of a back to back. The Dallas Mavericks have the rest advantage, they're at home, and they have the offensive firepower to give a bad Hornets defense fits. The Mavs have the ability to get anything and everything they want offensively in this spot. Massive number, but I have a hard time getting behind the Hornets. Give me the Mavs in a home beat down.