Grizzlies vs Trail Blazers Prediction - NBA Picks 11/5/23
Portland Trail Blazers (3-3) vs Memphis Grizzlies (0-6)
Game Info: Sunday, November 5, 2023 at 9:00 pm (Moda Center at the Rose Quarter)
Betting Odds: Portland Trail Blazers +2.5 -- Over/Under: 218.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Memphis Grizzlies and Portland Trail Blazers meet Sunday in NBA action at the Moda Center. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Memphis Grizzlies Betting Preview
The Memphis Grizzlies are still looking for their first win of the season. The Memphis Grizzlies look to avoid their first 0-7 start since the 2002-03 season. The Memphis Grizzlies are averaging 107.7 points on 43.2 percent shooting and allowing 117.5 points on 46.7 percent shooting. Desmond Bane is averaging 26 points and 4.5 rebounds, while Jaren Jackson Jr. is averaging 20.7 points and 2.7 assists. Marcus Smart is the third double-digit scorer and Ziaire Williams is grabbing 6.7 rebounds. The Memphis Grizzlies are shooting 31.7 percent from beyond the arc and 77.1 percent from the free throw line. The Memphis Grizzlies are allowing 41.4 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 44 rebounds per game.
Memphis Grizzlies Team Facts
- The Grizzlies have lost each of their last eight road games against Northwest Division opponents.
- The Grizzlies have failed to cover the spread in each of their last 11 road games against Northwest Division opponents.
- Each of the Grizzlies' last four road games following a road loss have gone OVER the total points line.
Portland Trail Blazers Betting Preview
The Portland Trail Blazers look to build on their 3-game winning streak. The Trail Blazers have split their first 2 home games. The Portland Trail Blazers are averaging 105 points on 42.8 percent shooting and allowing 109.3 points on 46.7 percent shooting. Shaedon Sharpe is averaging 20.5 points and 5.5 rebounds, while Jerami Grant is averaging 19.5 points and 4.5 rebounds. Malcolm Brogdon is the third double-digit scorer and Anfernee Simons is grabbing 2 rebounds. The Portland Trail Blazers are shooting 29.1 percent from beyond the arc and 81.3 percent from the free throw line. The Portland Trail Blazers are allowing 33.3 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 45.7 rebounds per game.
Portland Trail Blazers Team Facts
- The Trail Blazers have lost each of their last six games at Moda Center after coming off overtime.
- The Trail Blazers have failed to cover the spread in each of their last eight home games following an overtime win.
- Seven of the Trail Blazers' last eight games as underdogs following a home win have gone UNDER the total points line.
- The Trail Blazers rank 30th in the league for assists per game this season (19.3).
- The Trail Blazers rank 30th in the league for opponent steals per game this season (10.2).
- The Grizzlies rank 30th in the league for opponent three-point percentage this season (41.4%).
- The Grizzlies rank 30th in the league for opponent three-point field goals made per game this season (16.3).
The Memphis Grizzlies had their chances to beat the Trail Blazers on Friday and even had a double-digit lead in the fourth quarter, but they blew it. The Grizzlies haven't played a lick of defense, the offense goes through droughts, and they haven't won a game through seven contests. At some point, the Grizzlies have to finish a game before I can get behind them in the favorite role. The Grizz look lost without Ja Morant. Give me the Trail Blazers and the free bucket.