Orlando Magic (3-2) vs Los Angeles Lakers (3-2)
Game Info: Saturday, November 4, 2023 at 7:00 pm (Amway Center)
Betting Odds: Orlando Magic +3.5 -- Over/Under: 219 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Los Angeles Lakers and the Orlando Magic duke it out at the Amway Center on Saturday night.
Los Angeles Lakers
The Los Angeles Lakers have won three of their last four overall and they will be aiming for a third straight victory after outlasting the Clippers in a thrilling 130-125 overtime win on Wednesday. LeBron James led the way with 35 points, 12 rebounds and seven assists, Anthony Davis and D'Angelo Russell tallied 27 points each while Austin Reaves chipped in with 15 points, seven rebounds and seven assists. As a team, the Lakers shot 51 percent from the field and 11 of 32 from the 3-point line as they clawed their way back from an 18-point deficit to force overtime where they held the Clippers to just eight points to earn the gritty victory.
Los Angeles Lakers Team Facts
- The Lakers have lost seven of their last eight games as favorites following an overtime win.
- The Lakers have failed to cover the spread in each of their last 10 night games following an overtime win.
- Each of the Lakers' last five games as road favorites have gone OVER the total points line.
Meanwhile, the Orlando Magic have won three of their first five games and they will be looking to build some momentum after sneaking past the Jazz in a 115-113 road win on Thursday. Paolo Banchero led the team with 30 points, nine rebounds and five assists, Franz Wagner added 21 points with five assists while Cole Anthony chipped in with 18 points and seven assists off the bench. As a team, the Magic shot 46 percent from the field and 10 of 28 from the 3-point line as they poured in 36 points in the second quarter to take control, but they had to work hard and needed a clutch layup from Banchero to reclaim the lead with just 14.0 seconds left on the clock.
Orlando Magic Team Facts
- The Magic have lost each of their last 10 games as a home underdog when playing with a rest disadvantage.
- The Magic have covered the spread in 12 of their last 13 games as underdogs against Western Conference opponents.
- Five of the Magic's last six home games against Pacific Division opponents have gone OVER the total points line.
- The Magic rank 1st in the league for Q2 points per game this season (31.8).
- The Magic rank T1st in the league for H1 win percentage this season (100.0%).
- The Lakers rank 29th in the league for offensive rebounds per game this season (8.2).
- The Lakers rank 29th in the league for opponent field goal attempts per game this season (94.0).
The Lakers are still missing Gabe Vincent and they have listed Taurean Prince as questionable, while the Magic are keeping eyes on Gary Harris and Markelle Fultz who are both questionable. The Lakers were good enough to sneak past the Magic in a close one on Monday, but it was one of those games that could've easily gone either way. The Magic will be out for revenge here and I think they can get the job done if they had a full roster, but with Harris and Fultz under an injury cloud, I'll stick with the Lakers to get the win and cover at the short line.