Indiana Pacers (2-2) vs Charlotte Hornets (1-3)
Game Info: Saturday, November 4, 2023 at 7:00 pm (Gainbridge Fieldhouse)
Betting Odds: Indiana Pacers -3.5 -- Over/Under: 236.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Indiana Pacers play host to the Charlotte Hornets at the Gainbridge Fieldhouse on Saturday night.
The Charlotte Hornets have yet to find their feet this season and they will be hoping to arrest a three-game skid after getting beaten by the Rockets in a 128-119 road loss on Wednesday. PJ Washington led the team with 23 points on eight of 13 shooting, Terry Rozier added 21 points with six assists while LaMelo Ball chipped in with 19 points and five assists. As a team, the Hornets shot 50 percent from the field and 11 of 27 from the 3-point line, but they played no defense early on and were always playing from behind after allowing the Rockets to explode for 39 points in the first quarter. The Hornets did work their way back into the contest, only to leak another 42 points in the fourth quarter to lose their third straight.
Charlotte Hornets Team Facts
- The Hornets have won four of their last five games as underdogs against the Pacers following a loss.
- The Hornets have covered the spread in each of their last four road games against Central Division opponents that held a winning record.
- Each of the Hornets' last six road games against Central Division opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
Meanwhile, the Indiana Pacers have won three of their first five games overall and they will be eagaer to stay hot after sneaking past the Cavaliers in a 121-116 home win last night. Myles Turner led the team with 27 points on nine of 14 shooting, Bruce Brown added 19 points while Tyrese Haliburton tallied 18 points with 13 assists. As a team, the Pacers shot 52 percent from the field and 15 of 31 from the 3-point line as they squandered an early 18-point lead they built in the first half, before they escaped with the narrow win behind clutch free throws from Haliburton.
Indiana Pacers Team Facts
- The Pacers have lost four of their last five games as favorites after winning as underdogs.
- The Pacers have failed to cover the spread in five of their last six games as home favorites following a home win.
- Each of the Pacers' last six home games against the Hornets following a home win have gone UNDER the total points line.
- The Pacers rank 1st in the league for assists per game this season (30.8).
- The Pacers rank 30th in the league for H2 opponent points per game this season (63.6).
- The Hornets have missed the playoffs in seven consecutive seasons - longest active streak in the NBA
- The Hornets rank 1st in the league for Q4 points per game this season (35.3).
The Hornets are still searching for some momentum this season and their confidence took another gut shot after losing to the struggling Rockets on Wednesday, so I'm not surprised that the Pacers have opened as favorites here despite them playing their second game of a back to back set. The Pacers looked great in their gritty win over the Cavaliers last night and I think they can keep it going against this struggling Hornets squad.