New Orleans Pelicans (4-1) vs Atlanta Hawks (3-2)
Game Info: Saturday, November 4, 2023 at 7:00 pm (Smoothie King Center)
Betting Odds: New Orleans Pelicans -3.5 -- Over/Under: 230.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Atlanta Hawks and the New Orleans Pelicans duke it out at the Smoothie King Center on Saturday night.
The Atlanta Hawks are starting to heat up now as they will be aiming for a fourth straight win after beating the Wizards in a 130-121 home win on Wednesday. Dejounte Murray led the way with 24 points and eight assists on 10 of 15 shooting, De'Andre Hunter and Trae Young scored 23 points each while Onyeka Okongwu chipped in with 16 points and 11 rebounds off the bench. As a team, the Hawks shot 50 percent from the field and nine of 32 from the 3-point line as they took control of the contest with a surge in the second quarter to take the lead into halftime, before they exploded for 40 points in the third quarter to lead by as many as 26 points.
Atlanta Hawks Team Facts
- The Hawks have won eight of their last nine games against the Pelicans following a win.
- The Hawks have failed to cover the spread in seven of their last eight away games when playing with a rest advantage.
- Six of the Hawks' last seven games as underdogs have gone OVER the total points line.
New Orleans Pelicans
Meanwhile, the New Orleans Pelicans have been in fine form as they've won four of their first five games overall and they will be eager to stay hot after taking down the Pistons in a 125-116 win on Thursday. CJ McCollum led the way with 33 points and five assists, Jonas Valanciunas added 23 points with 13 rebounds and five assists, Herbert Jones scored 21 points on six of seven shooting while Matt Ryan chipped in with 20 points. As a team, the Pelicans shot 48 percent from the field and 14 of 32 from the 3-point line as they got off to a flyer and poured in 72 points in the first half to build a 25-point lead which was more than enough to hold off a late charge from the Pistons.
New Orleans Pelicans Team Facts
- The Pelicans have won each of their last 12 games as favorites against Eastern Conference opponents following a win.
- The Pelicans have failed to cover the spread in each of their last eight night games against Eastern Conference opponents that held a winning record.
- Each of the Pelicans' last five games against Southeast Division opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
- The Pelicans rank 30th in the league for opponent rebounds per game this season (51.4).
- The Pelicans rank 30th in the league for opponent offensive rebounds per game this season (14.0).
- The Hawks rank 1st in the league for free throw percentage this season (85.2%).
- The Hawks rank T1st in the league for H2 points per game this season (62.8).
The Hawks look to have shaken off their slow start to the season as they have now won three in a row after beating the Wizards on Wednesday. The Pelicans have lost just one of their first five games and they should have a full roster for this one with no one listed on the injury report. It's hard to split these two squads at the moment, but the Hawks haven't played since Wednesday and I think they come here and at least get the cover in what should be a close one.