Celtics vs Nets Prediction - NBA Picks 11/4/23
Brooklyn Nets (2-2) vs Boston Celtics (4-0)
Game Info: Saturday, November 4, 2023 at 8:00 pm (Barclays Center)
Betting Odds: Brooklyn Nets +9.5 -- Over/Under: 230 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Boston Celtics and Brooklyn Nets meet Saturday in NBA action at the Barclays Center. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Boston Celtics Betting Preview
The Boston Celtics look for another win to remain undefeated on the season. The Boston Celtics look for their first 5-0 start since the 2009-10 season. The Boston Celtics are averaging 127 points on 50.7 percent shooting and allowing 106.5 points on 42.5 percent shooting. Jayson Tatum is averaging 29.8 points and 9.3 rebounds, while Jaylen Brown is averaging 22.5 points and 6.3 rebounds. Kristaps Porzingis is the third double-digit scorer and Derrick White is grabbing 4 rebounds. The Boston Celtics are shooting 40.4 percent from beyond the arc and 83.8 percent from the free throw line. The Boston Celtics are allowing 34 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 52.3 rebounds per game.
Boston Celtics Team Facts
- The Celtics have won each of their last 19 games against opponents who are on the second leg of a back-to-back.
- The Celtics have covered the spread in each of their last nine games when playing with a rest advantage.
- Each of the Celtics' last seven night games at Barclays Center following a home win have gone UNDER the total points line.
Brooklyn Nets Betting Preview
The Brooklyn Nets look to build on their 3-game winning streak. The Brooklyn Nets have lost their only home game. The Brooklyn Nets are averaging 116.8 points on 49.2 percent shooting and allowing 114.4 points on 47.1 percent shooting. Cam Thomas is averaging 28 points and 3.5 rebounds, while Mikal Bridges is averaging 20.8 points and 6 rebounds. Armoni Brooks is the third double-digit scorer and Lonnie Walker IV is dishing 3.3 assists. The Brooklyn Nets are shooting 41.3 percent from beyond the arc and 74.7 percent from the free throw line. The Brooklyn Nets are allowing 36.4 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 45.8 rebounds per game.
Brooklyn Nets Team Facts
- The Nets have lost each of their last eight home games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Nets have failed to cover the spread in each of their last 10 games on the second leg of a back-to-back after winning as underdogs.
- Each of the Nets' last six home games against the Celtics following a road win have gone UNDER the total points line.
- The Nets rank 30th in the league for opponent turnovers per game this season (11.4).
- The Nets rank T29th in the league for steals per game this season (6.0).
- The Celtics rank 1st in the league for points per game this season (127.0).
- The Celtics rank 1st in the league for point differential per game this season (+20.5).
The Brooklyn Nets are playing good basketball, but they're still banged up and on the end of a back to back. These spots usually hurt banged up teams as guys are being asked to log heavier minutes and now they have to play again. The Nets are still without key players Nic Claxton and Cameron Johnson. The Boston Celtics have been a buzz saw through 4 games and their offense has been downright ridiculous. Thick line, especially for a road team, but I'll lay it with the Celtics anyway. Tough schedule spot for the Nets.