Mavericks vs Nuggets Prediction - NBA Picks 11/3/23
Denver Nuggets (4-1) vs Dallas Mavericks (4-0)
Game Info: Friday, November 3, 2023 at 10:00 pm (Ball Arena)
Betting Odds: Denver Nuggets -6.5 -- Over/Under: 226.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Dallas Mavericks and Denver Nuggets meet Friday in NBA action at the Ball Arena. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Dallas Mavericks Betting Preview
The Dallas Mavericks look for another win to remain undefeated on the season. The Dallas Mavericks look for their first 5-0 start since the 2002-03 season. The Dallas Mavericks are averaging 122.5 points on 47.9 percent shooting and allowing 113.5 points on 48.3 percent shooting. Luka Doncic is averaging 33.8 points and 9.8 assists, while Tim Hardaway Jr. is averaging 20.3 points and 4.5 rebounds. Kyrie Irving is the third double-digit scorer and Grant Williams is grabbing 5 rebounds. The Dallas Mavericks are shooting 41 percent from beyond the arc and 74.8 percent from the free throw line. The Dallas Mavericks are allowing 38.5 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 45.3 rebounds per game.
Dallas Mavericks Team Facts
- The Mavericks have lost each of their last six road games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Mavericks have covered the spread in each of their last six road games against Western Conference opponents.
- Each of the Mavericks' last five games against opponents who are on the first leg of a back-to-back have gone OVER the total points line.
Denver Nuggets Betting Preview
The Denver Nuggets look for a win to improve to 5-1 on the year. The Denver Nuggets have won their first 2 home games. The Denver Nuggets are averaging 110.8 points on 50.8 percent shooting and allowing 103.6 points on 43.7 percent shooting. Nikola Jokic is averaging 26.2 points and 11.8 rebounds, while Jamal Murray is averaging 18.8 points and 2.8 rebounds. Aaron Gordon is the third double-digit scorer and Michael Porter Jr. is grabbing 8 rebounds. The Denver Nuggets are shooting 34 percent from beyond the arc and 65.7 percent from the free throw line. The Denver Nuggets are allowing 29.6 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 43.2 rebounds per game.
Denver Nuggets Team Facts
- The Nuggets have won each of their last 12 home games against Western Conference opponents.
- The Nuggets have covered the spread in 14 of their last 16 home games against Western Conference opponents that held a winning record.
- Each of the Nuggets' last eight games have gone UNDER the total points line.
- The Nuggets rank 1st in the league for blocks per game this season (7.8).
- The Nuggets rank 1st in the league for field goal percentage this season (50.8%).
- The Mavericks rank 30th in the league for steals per game this season (5.5).
- The Mavericks rank 1st in the league for three-point field goals made per game this season (18.3).
It would help to know if Kyrie is going to play in this game. If not, I'm not touching this game. If so, give me the Mavs and the points. The Mavs are a team I've been high on from the start, and them being off to a 5-0 start only increases the confidence of what this squad is capable of. Nikola Jokic and Jamal Murray are banged up despite being probable, and they're coming off a weird showing against Minnesota. The Mavs have the offensive horses to beat anybody, so them in the underdog role is intriguing. It all comes down to the status of Kyrie before pulling the trigger.