Cavaliers vs Pacers Prediction - NBA Picks 11/3/23
Indiana Pacers (2-2) vs Cleveland Cavaliers (2-3)
Game Info: Friday, November 3, 2023 at 7:00 pm (Gainbridge Fieldhouse)
Betting Odds: Indiana Pacers +3.5 -- Over/Under: 222.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Cleveland Cavaliers pay a visit to the Indiana Pacers at the Gainbridge Fieldhouse on Friday night.
The Cleveland Cavaliers have yet to find their groove this season as they're still dealing with injuries, but they will be feeling much better after arresting a three-game slide with a 95-89 road win over the Knicks on Wednesday. Donovan Mitchell led the way with 30 points, six rebounds and four assists, Caris LeVert added 19 points and five assists off the bench while Evan Mobley chipped in with 14 points, eight rebounds and five assists. As a team, the Cavaliers shot 43 percent from the field and 12 of 32 from the 3-point line as they trailed going into halftime, before they clamped down defensively and held the Knicks to just 13 points in the third quarter to take control and escape with the narrow win in a close contest.
Cleveland Cavaliers Team Facts
- The road team has won each of the Cavaliers' last six games.
- The Cavaliers have failed to cover the spread in seven of their last eight games.
- Each of the Cavaliers' last four games against opponents who are on the first leg of a back-to-back have gone UNDER the total points line.
Meanwhile, the Indiana Pacers have lost two of their last three games overall and they will be hoping to snap a two-game skid after getting demolished by the Celtics in a 155-104 road loss on Wednesday. TJ McConnell led the team with 18 points, seven rebounds and five assists off the bench, Andrew Nembhard added 14 points while Obi Toppin chipped in with 11 points, but no other player finished in double figures in scoring. As a team, the Pacers shot 45 percent from the field and just five of 37 from the 3-point line as they fell behind right away, leaking 44 points in the first quarter and things got even worse in the second half where they leaked 80 points.
Indiana Pacers Team Facts
- The Pacers have lost seven of their last eight home games against Eastern Conference opponents.
- The Pacers have failed to cover the spread in each of their last six games on the first leg of a back-to-back against the Cavaliers.
- Nine of the Pacers' last 10 night games on the first leg of a back-to-back have gone UNDER the total points line.
- The Pacers rank 1st in the league for assists per game this season (31.5).
- The Pacers rank 1st in the league for opponent steals per game this season (5.3).
- The Cavaliers rank 30th in the league for Q2 points per game this season (21.4).
- The Cavaliers rank T2nd in the league for Q3 win percentage this season (80.0%).
The Cavaliers are again missing Jarrett Allen and they have Darius Garland listed as questionable, while the Pacers are keeping eyes on Jalen Smith and Tyrese Haliburton who are both questionable for this one. The Cavaliers were finally able to get back to winning ways against the Knicks on Wednesday, while the Pacers could be without their best player in Haliburton and they just got embarrased by the Celtics in an ugly loss. It's hard to split these two squads at this early stage of the season, but the Cavaliers looked good in their last outing and I think they can keep it going with another win here.