Philadelphia 76ers (2-1) vs Toronto Raptors (1-3)
Game Info: Thursday, November 2, 2023 at 7:00 pm (Wells Fargo Center)
Betting Odds: Philadelphia 76ers -8.5 -- Over/Under: 215.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Toronto Raptors pay a visit to the Philadelphia 76ers at the Wells Fargo Center on Thursday night.
The Toronto Raptors have endured a slow start to the season, but they will be feeling a little better after putting a halt to a three-game slide with a 130-111 win over the Bucks last night. Pascal Siakam led the team with 26 points, six rebounds and seven assists, Dennis Schroder tallied 24 points with 11 assists, OG Anunoby added 16 points while Scottie Barnes scored 21 points with 12 rebounds and five assists. As a team, the Raptors shot 56 percent from the field and 15 of 38 from the 3-point line as they came out swinging, holding the Bucks to just 18 points in the first quarter, before they exploded for 35 points in the second quarter to build a 27-point lead that was more than enough to get the win in the end.
Toronto Raptors Team Facts
- The Raptors have lost each of their last seven road games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Raptors have failed to cover the spread in each of their last four games against Atlantic Division opponents.
- Seven of the Raptors' last eight road games on the second leg of a back-to-back have gone UNDER the total points line.
Meanwhile, the Philadelphia 76ers have looked solid so far this season and they will be gunning for a third straight win after blowing past the Trail Blazers in a 126-98 home win on Sunday. Joel Embiid led the team with 35 points, 15 rebounds, seven assists and six blocks, Tyrese Maxey added 26 points with 10 rebounds and four assists while Tobias Harris chipped in with 24 points on eight of 11 shooting. As a team, the 76ers shot 48 percent from the field and 11 of 28 from the 3-point line as they set the tone with 36 points in the first quarter, but they didn't pull away until the second half where they clamped down defensively and held the Trail Blazers to just 38 points to win comfortably.
Philadelphia 76ers Team Facts
- The 76ers have won each of their last nine home games when playing with a rest advantage.
- The 76ers have covered the spread in six of their last seven games against teams that held a losing record.
- Each of the 76ers' last six home games against opponents who are on the second leg of a back-to-back have gone UNDER the total points line.
- The 76ers rank 1st in the league for blocks per game this season (9.3).
- The 76ers rank 1st in the league for free throws made per game this season (24.0).
- The Raptors rank T1st in the league for opponent assists per game this season (20.4).
- The Raptors rank T1st in the league for opponent field goals made per game this season (37.4).
The Raptors are shorthanded again as Precious Achiuwa is still out, while the 76ers won't have Nicolas Batum in the lineup due to personal reasons. The Raptors were really struggling in their first four games of the season, but they looked like a different team in last night's upset win over the Bucks. The 76ers have been a steady force so far and they should be well-rested for this one as they haven't played since their massive win on Sunday. I like the 76ers to take care of business and get the win here, but with the line so hefty, I'm leaning towards the Raptors hanging around long enough to get the cover.