Diamondbacks vs Rangers Prediction - MLB Picks 10/28/23
Texas Rangers (99-75) vs Arizona Diamondbacks (93-81)
Game Info: Saturday, October 28, 2023 at 8:03 pm (Globe Life Field)
Jordan Montgomery vs Merrill Kelly
Betting Odds: Texas Rangers -160 / Arizona Diamondbacks +147 --- Over/Under: 8.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FS1 Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Arizona Diamondbacks and Texas Rangers face off in Game 2 of the World Series at Globe Life Field. In the first game of this series, it was the Rangers that were able to secure a 6-2 victory.
Home Runs Save the Day for Rangers
It was a weird game for the Rangers on Friday, but home runs saved them on the way to the victory. The Rangers got out to an early lead in the first inning and it looked like they might cruise to an easy win. They really struggled as the game went on though with the pitching and at the end of the fifth inning they were down 5-3. It took all the way until the 9th inning when Corey Seager hit a home run to tie the game. In the 11th inning, Adolis Garcia hit another postseason home run to secure the victory. Jordan Montgomery will get the start for the Diamondbacks and he sits with a 3-0 record and an ERA of 2.16.
Rangers Betting Trends
- The Rangers have won each of their last eight games following a home win.
- The Rangers have failed to cover the run line in each of their last nine games as favorites against National League opponents.
- The Rangers have trailed after 7 innings in six of their last eight playoff games as favorites.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Rangers' last four night games.
- The Rangers have trailed after 5 innings in three of their last four playoff games as home favorites.
How Do the Diamondbacks Bounce Back?
The big question for the Diamondbacks is how they bounce back. They were up 5-3 heading into the bottom of the 9th and it looked like they were going to win. Corbin Carroll and Ketel Marte both hit two RBIs. On the mound for the Diamondbacks in this game will be Merrill Kelly who sits with a 2-1 record and an ERA of 2.65. In his last start against the Phillies he went five innings giving up three hits and one run.
Diamondbacks Betting Trends
- The Diamondbacks have won six of their last seven games as road underdogs against the Rangers following a loss.
- The Diamondbacks have covered the run line in each of their last seven games as road underdogs against AL West opponents following a road loss.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Diamondbacks' last five Saturday night games against American League opponents.
- The Diamondbacks have led after 5 innings in five of their last seven games as road underdogs.
- The Diamondbacks have led after 7 innings in seven of their last nine games as road underdogs.
Shane’s Free Pick
This total is too high. Kelly is coming off a strong start and he’s going to lockdown here. Montgomery has been dominant all season sitting with an ERA of 2.16 and he’s going to lockdown the Diamondbacks. Look for both offenses are going to really struggle in this game against both pitchers and that is going to be the difference as this game is going to stay under the total.