Phillies vs Diamondbacks Prediction - MLB Picks 10/20/23
Arizona Diamondbacks (90-80) vs Philadelphia Phillies (97-74)
Game Info: Friday, October 20, 2023 at 8:07 pm (Chase Field)
() () vs Taijuan Walker (15-6) (4.43)
Betting Odds: Arizona Diamondbacks +106 / Philadelphia Phillies -125 --- Over/Under: 8.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: TBS Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Philadelphia Phillies and Arizona Diamondbacks face off on Friday in an MLB showdown at Chase Field. The Phillies currently sit with a 2-1 series lead.
Can Diamondbacks Tie Up Series?
The Diamondbacks lost the first two games of the series, but they were able to secure the victory on Thursday. The Diamondbacks had nine hits on Thursday but only managed two runs. The good news for the Diamondbacks though was the pitching was really good and that was enough for the victory. Brandon Pfaadt wasn’t great during the regular season, but he has turned it on during the postseason. He went 5.2 innings giving up only two hits and striking out nine. Getting the start for the Diamondbacks will be Joe Mantiply and he sits with a 2-0 record but a high ERA of 9.00.
Arizona Diamondbacks Team Facts
- The Diamondbacks have won each of their last seven games as home underdogs against National League opponents.
- The Diamondbacks have covered the run line in each of their last eight home games against National League opponents.
- The Diamondbacks have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last five night games against NL East opponents.
- The Diamondbacks have led after 3 innings in three of their last four games as home underdogs against National League opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Diamondbacks' last three night games at Chase Field.
Pressure on Phillies Now?
The Phillies have been good at home, but the last thing they want is to be going back home tied, which means they have all the pressure on them in this game. On Thursday the Phillies only finished with three hits and they are going to need to find a way to get the offense going here. Getting the start for the Phillies will be Cristopher Sanchez and he will be making his first appearance of the postseason.
Philadelphia Phillies Team Facts
- The home team has won each of the Phillies' last six games.
- The Phillies have covered the run line in each of their last eight night playoff games.
- The Phillies have led after 5 innings in each of their last eight night playoff games.
- The Phillies have led after 7 innings in each of their last eight night games against opponents that held a winning record.
- The Phillies have led after 3 innings in each of their last seven night games against NL West opponents that held a winning record.
- The Arizona Diamondbacks rank 1st in the league for triples this season (44).
- The Arizona Diamondbacks rank 2nd in the league for steals this season (166).
- The Philadelphia Phillies are one of only 3 teams in the league to rank top 10 in both steals and batting average this season.
- The Philadelphia Phillies are one of only 3 teams in the league to rank top 10 in both steals and home runs this season.
Shane’s Free Pick
I would expect to see plenty of both bullpens in this game, and I also would expect to see a ton of scoring by both teams. I especially don’t trust Mantiply and he’s going to be lit up here. The Diamondbacks had plenty of hits on Thursday and they will turn more of those hits into runs here. This is a game that could see 14 or 15 goals scored. Back the over to cash here with ease.