Astros vs Twins Prediction - MLB Picks 10/11/23
Minnesota Twins (90-77) vs Houston Astros (92-73)
Game Info: Wednesday, October 11, 2023 at 2:07 pm (Target Field)
Joe Ryan (11-10) (4.51) vs
Betting Odds: Minnesota Twins -125 / Houston Astros +106 --- Over/Under: 8.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FS1 Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Houston Astros and Minnesota Twins face off on Wednesday in Game 4 of their ALDS series at Target Field. The Astros currently lead 2-1.
How do the Twins Bounce Back?
The Twins pitching really let them down on Tuesday, but they also really struggled to hit with runners in scoring position and that is going to need to change here. The Twins scored a run in the 6th inning but it was a little too late. Carlos Correa was good in Game 2 and that is going to need to be the case again here. If the offense struggles here it’s going to be a long game. On the mound for the Twins will be Joe Ryan who has been inconsistent this season. In his last start against the Rockies he went five innings giving up eight hits and six runs.
Twins Betting Trends
- The Twins have lost each of their last seven day games against the Astros at Target Field following a home loss.
- The Twins have failed to cover the run line in each of their last seven day games against the Astros at Target Field following a home loss.
- The Twins have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last three day games against AL West opponents.
- The Twins have trailed after 5 innings in each of their last five day games against AL West opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the last three games between the Astros and Twins.
Can Astros Bats Stay Hot?
The Astros bats were impressive on Tuesday putting up nine runs and they are going to need the offense to be good here. Jose Abreu had a big game finishing with two home runs and driving in five RBIs. At times Joe Ryan has struggled giving up the home run ball and they need to try and take advantage of that early. Getting the start for the Astros will be Jose Urquidy and in his last start against the Diamondbacks, he went six innings giving up two hits and zero runs.
Astros Betting Trends
- The Astros have won 13 of their last 14 games as road underdogs.
- The Astros have covered the run line in 13 of their last 14 games as road underdogs.
- The Astros have won the first inning in three of their last four games as road underdogs against AL Central opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Astros' last five day games.
- The Astros have led after 3 innings in four of their last five games as road underdogs against American League opponents.
Shane’s Free Pick
The Astros are going to close out the series here. The Twins pitching wasn’t good on Tuesday and it’s going to be an issue again here. Ryan is going to really struggle here and that is going to be the difference as the Astros will get the job done. Urquidy is coming off a start where he gave up zero runs and he is going to lockdown again here. Back the Astros on the money line to cash here.