Phillies vs Braves Prediction - MLB Picks 10/9/23
Atlanta Braves (104-59) vs Philadelphia Phillies (93-72)
Game Info: Monday, October 9, 2023 at 6:07 pm (Truist Park)
Max Fried (8-1) (2.55) vs Zack Wheeler (14-6) (3.49)
Betting Odds: Atlanta Braves -164 / Philadelphia Phillies +148 --- Over/Under: 8 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Philadelphia Phillies and Atlanta Braves face off on Monday in Game 2 of their NLDS series at SunTrust Park. In Game 1 it was the Phillies that were able to secure the 1-0 victory.
Phillies Look for Good Pitching Again
The Phillies got good pitching in Game 1 and that was the difference as they were able to secure the first victory. The Phillies had seven different pitchers in Game 1 and that was the difference. Bryce Harper is a key for the Phillies offense and he finished with one home run and drove in two RBIs. Zack Wheeler comes into this game with a 1-0 record and an ERA of 1.35 in the playoffs. In his last start against the Marlins he went 6.2 innings giving up five hits and one run.
Phillies Betting Trends
- The Phillies have won each of their last 11 Monday night games against NL East opponents.
- The Phillies have covered the run line in nine of their last 10 playoff games after not playing the previous day.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Phillies' last five games against National League opponents.
- The Phillies have led after 5 innings in each of their last three playoff games as underdogs against NL East opponents.
- The Phillies have led after 7 innings in each of their last three playoff games as underdogs against NL East opponents.
Braves Have All Pressure On Them
The Braves have all the pressure on them heading into this game. Last year they were knocked out of the playoffs by the Phillies and now they are down 1-0 and all the pressure is on them to not be eliminated. In the first game of this series the Braves failed to score any runs and that led to the defeat. On the mound for the Braves is Max Fried and the Braves need him to be lights out here. Over his last two starts he has gone 11 innings and given up two runs.
Braves Betting Trends
- The Braves have lost four of their last five playoff games as favorites.
- The Braves have covered the run line in six of their last seven night playoff games after not playing the previous day.
- The Braves have trailed after 5 innings in four of their last five playoff games as favorites.
- The Braves have trailed after 7 innings in four of their last five playoff games as favorites.
Shane’s Free Pick
There were only three runs scored in the first game and they are going to lockdown here. Wheelers is coming off a strong start where he gave up only one run. Fried has also been strong heading into this game and I expect he’s going to lockdown again in this game. Look for both offenses to have some major issues and that is going to be the difference here. Back the under to cash here.