Diamondbacks vs Dodgers Prediction - MLB Picks 10/9/23
Los Angeles Dodgers (100-63) vs Arizona Diamondbacks (87-78)
Game Info: Monday, October 9, 2023 at 9:07 pm (Dodger Stadium)
Bobby Miller (11-4) (3.76) vs Zac Gallen (18-9) (3.46)
Betting Odds: Los Angeles Dodgers -156 / Arizona Diamondbacks +133 --- Over/Under: 8 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Los Angeles Dodgers and Arizona Diamondbacks face off on Monday in an MLB showdown at Dodger Stadium. In the first game of this series, it was the Dodgers that were able to secure an 11-2 victory.
The Dodgers Have All The Pressure Now
Now all the pressure is on the Dodgers after an awful pitching performance in the first game. Clayton Kershaw only went 0.1 innings giving up six hits and six runs. The pitching was awful, but even worse was the offense. They only finished with four hits and two runs. Will Smith was one of the only bright spots finishing with two hits and two runs. On the mound for the Dodgers will be Bobby Miller and in his last start he went four innings giving up one hit and zero runs.
Dodgers Betting Trends
- The Dodgers have won each of their last nine games following a loss.
- The Dodgers have covered the run line in each of their last nine games as favorites following a loss.
- The Dodgers have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last four playoff games as favorites.
- The Dodgers have led after 3 innings in each of their last five Monday night home games.
Diamondbacks Continue to Impress
The Diamondbacks sit with a 3-0 record overall in the playoffs and they have to feel good about where they are. Even though they feel good, they can’t let their foot off the gas. In the first game of this series the Diamondbacks scored 11 runs and they need the offense to be good again here. Gabriel Moreno had a strong game finishing with one home run and driving in three RBIs. On the mound for the Diamondbacks is Zac Gallen and so far in the playoffs he sits with a 1-0 record and an 3.00 ERA during the playoffs.
Diamondbacks Betting Trends
- The Diamondbacks have won each of their last eight games against National League opponents.
- The Diamondbacks have covered the run line each of their last eight games against National League opponents that held a winning record.
- The Diamondbacks have led after 5 innings in five of their last seven games as underdogs against NL West opponents.
- The Diamondbacks have led after 7 innings in each of their last six games against National League opponents that held a winning record.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Diamondbacks' last five games as underdogs against National League opponents.
Shane’s Free Pick
The Dodgers are going to be in even more trouble after this game is over. Gallen looked good in his appearance so far in the playoffs and he’s going to find success again in this game. The Diamondbacks bats have confidence heading into this game and they are going to find enough scoring success against Bobby Miller that they are going to get the job done. Back the Diamondbacks.