Rangers vs Orioles Prediction - MLB Picks 10/8/23
Baltimore Orioles (101-62) vs Texas Rangers (93-72)
Game Info: Sunday, October 8, 2023 at 4:07 pm (Oriole Park at Camden Yards)
Grayson Rodriguez (7-4) (4.35) vs Jordan Montgomery (11-11) (3.08)
Betting Odds: Baltimore Orioles -120 / Texas Rangers +100 --- Over/Under: 8 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FS1 Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Texas Rangers will play the Baltimore Orioles in Game 2 of the ALDS on Sunday afternoon at Camden Yards in Baltimore, Maryland. Texas won the first game in this series by a score of 3-2 on Saturday afternoon.
The Texas Rangers were able to get a huge win on Saturday to take the 1-0 lead in the series, and they will look to make it two in a row here. Texas scored two runs in the fourth inning and added a third in the sixth inning, while recording eight hits in the game. Prior to this series, Texas defeated Tampa Bay in the Wild Card round by winning the first two games in the series. The Texas pitching staff has a 1.00 ERA with a 0.93 WHIP and a .202 opponent batting average in the postseason. The Rangers offense has scored 14 runs with a .264 batting average and a .344 on base percentage. Corey Seager is batting .455 with three doubles and two RBI’s in the postseason. The projected starting pitcher for Texas is Jordan Montgomery, who threw seven shutout innings against Tampa Bay in the Wild Card round.
The Baltimore Orioles went 101-61 in the regular season, but they have lost three out of their last four games. Prior to their loss in Game 1 of this series, Baltimore split a four game series with the Red Sox to end the regular season. The Orioles have scored two runs or fewer in four of their last five games. The Baltimore pitching staff had a 3.89 ERA, a 1.24 WHIP, and a .242 opponent batting average in the regular season. The Orioles offense scored 807 runs with a .255 batting average and a .321 on base percentage this year. Anthony Santander went 2-3 with one home run in the Game 1 loss on Saturday. The projected starting pitcher for Baltimore is Grayson Rodriguez, who is 7-4 with a 4.35 ERA and a 1.34 WHIP over 122 innings pitched this year.
Baltimore Orioles Team Facts
- The underdogs have won 15 of the last 17 games between the Rangers and Orioles.
- The underdogs have covered the run line in 19 of the last 20 games between the Rangers and Orioles.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Orioles' last four home games.
Texas Rangers Team Facts
- The Rangers have won each of their last 10 games against AL East opponents that held a winning record.
- The Rangers have covered the run line each of their last 10 games against AL East opponents that held a winning record.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Rangers' last eight games as road underdogs.
- The Rangers have led after 7 innings in each of their last seven games as road underdogs against AL East opponents.
- The Rangers have led after 5 innings in each of their last seven games as road underdogs against AL East opponents.
Baltimore Orioles Player Prop Facts
- Anthony Santander has hit a home run in three of his last five appearances with the Orioles as home favorites against the Rangers.
- Ryan Mountcastle has recorded at least one RBI in six of his last seven appearances against AL West opponents.
- Aaron Hicks has scored at least one run in each of his last seven Sunday day appearances with his team as a favorite.
- Austin Hays has recorded two or more total bases in each of his last four home appearances against the Rangers after playing the previous day.
- Anthony Santander has recorded at least one hit in each of his last eight appearances with the Orioles as favorites against AL West opponents.
Texas Rangers Player Prop Facts
- Corey Seager has hit a home run in three of his last six appearances in day playoff games.
- Corey Seager has recorded at least one RBI in five of his last six playoff appearances against AL East opponents.
- Corey Seager has scored at least one run in eight of the Rangers' last nine road games against AL East opponents that held a winning record.
- Jordan Montgomery has recorded five or more strikeouts in each of his last four appearances.
- Robbie Grossman has recorded at least one hit in each of his last 10 appearances at Oriole Park at Camden Yards.
- Robbie Grossman has recorded at least one total base in each of his last 10 appearances at Oriole Park at Camden Yards.
- Corey Seager ranks 5th amongst qualified players for Batting Average (.327) this season.
- The Baltimore Orioles rank 7th in the league for runs scored this season (807).
- The Baltimore Orioles rank 7th in the league for RBI's this season (780).
- The Texas Rangers rank 2nd in the league for batting average this season (.263).
- The Texas Rangers rank 3rd in the league for runs scored this season (881).
Texas comes into this game playing very well in the postseason, where they have won three consecutive games. The pitching staff for the Rangers has had some issues this year, but they have been lights out so far in the playoffs. Baltimore was one of the best teams in the MLB this season and they were 49-32 at home during the regular season, so we will see if they can bounce back to tie the series. Texas is starting Jordan Montgomery, who pitched very well against the Rays in the Wild Card round. Baltimore is starting Grayson Rodriguez, who has allowed two earned runs or fewer in five straight starts. Both pitchers have been very solid recently and I think we are going to see a lower scoring game here. Take the under in this game.