Rangers vs Orioles Prediction - MLB Picks 10/7/23
Baltimore Orioles (101-61) vs Texas Rangers (92-72)
Game Info: Saturday, October 7, 2023 at 1:03 pm (Oriole Park at Camden Yards)
Kyle Bradish (12-7) (2.83) vs Dane Dunning (12-7) (3.70)
Betting Odds: Baltimore Orioles -138 / Texas Rangers +110 --- Over/Under: 8.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Fox Sports Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Texas Rangers and Baltimore Orioles face off on Saturday in an MLB showdown at Oriole Park.
Rangers Bats Look to Stay Hot
The Texas Rangers are going to look to keep their bats hot. The Rangers have already knocked out the Tampa Bay Rays so far in the playoffs and they outscored the Rays 11-1. On Wednesday it was a balanced attack in terms of the offense. Evan Carter did hit a home run and drove in two RBIs. Corey Seager also finished with two hits and one RBI. On the mound for the Rangers will be Andrew Heaney and they need him to be lights out here. In his last start against teh Mariners he went 4,1 innings giving up five hits and zero runs.
Rangers Betting Trends
- The Rangers have won each of their last nine games against AL East opponents that held a winning record.
- The Rangers have covered the run line each of their last nine games against AL East opponents that held a winning record.
- The Rangers have led after 7 innings in each of their last six games as road underdogs against AL East opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Rangers' last seven games as road underdogs.
- The Rangers have led after 5 innings in each of their last nine road games against AL East opponents that held a winning record.
Can the Orioles Continue to Surprise?
At this point the Orioles winning might not be a surprise, but there is a lot of pressure on them to continue finding success like they did in the regular season. To close out the regular season the Orioles offense was a bit inconsistent and they are going to need to be better here with the offense. On the mound for the Orioles will be Kyle Bradish and he has pitched well heading into this game. Over his last 16 innings, he has given up only two hits and zero runs.
Orioles Betting Trends
- The underdogs have won 14 of the last 16 games between the Rangers and Orioles.
- The underdogs have covered the run line in 18 of the last 19 games between the Rangers and Orioles.
- The Orioles have led after 5 innings in each of their last seven games as favorites against AL West opponents.
- The Orioles have trailed after 3 innings in four of their last six games as home favorites against AL West opponents.
- The Orioles have led after 7 innings in each of their last four day games at Oriole Park at Camden Yards against AL West opponents.
Shane’s Free Pick
This is going to be an opening victory by the Orioles. Bradish has been really good heading into this game and even though Heaney was better in his last start he still gave up five runs and played with fire. The Rangers bats are going to be ice cold here, and that is going to be the difference here as the Orioles are going to get the job done with ease. Back the Orioles -1.5 to cash here.