Twins vs Rockies Prediction - MLB Picks 9/30/23
Colorado Rockies (58-102) vs Minnesota Twins (86-74)
Game Info: Saturday, September 30, 2023 at 8:10 pm (Coors Field)
Karl Kauffmann (2-4) (7.04) vs Emilio Pagan (5-2) (3.03)
Betting Odds: Colorado Rockies / Minnesota Twins --- Over/Under: Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: MLB.tv Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Minnesota Twins will play the Colorado Rockies in Game 2 of their series on Saturday night at Coors Field in Denver, Colorado. Minnesota won the first game in this series by a score of 7-6 on Friday night.
The Minnesota Twins are 86-74 this season and they have won seven of their last nine games. Prior to the Game 1 win, Minnesota won two out of three against Oakland and two out of three against the Angels. The Twins have scored 6+ runs in five of their last seven games. The Minnesota pitching staff has a 3.87 ERA, a 1.20 WHIP, and a .237 opponent batting average this year. The Twins offense has scored 762 runs with a .243 batting average and a .325 on base percentage. The projected starting pitcher for Minnesota is Emilio Pagan, who is 5-2 with a 3.03 ERA and a 0.97 WHIP over 68.1 innings pitched this season.
The Colorado Rockies are 58-102 this season and they have lost 10 of their last 12 games. Colorado came into this series after splitting a four game series with the Dodgers. The Rockies have allowed 5+ runs in four straight games. The Colorado pitching staff has a 5.65 ERA, a 1.54 WHIP, and a .288 opponent batting average. The Rockies offense has scored 712 runs with a .249 batting average and a .311 on base percentage this season. Ryan McMahon is batting .241 with 23 home runs and 70 RBI’s for the Rockies. The projected starting pitcher for Colorado is Karl Kauffmann, who is 2-4 with a 7.04 ERA and a 1.60 WHIP over 30.2 innings pitched this year.
Colorado Rockies Team Facts
- The Rockies have lost eight of their last nine games after playing the previous day.
- The Rockies have covered the run line in seven of their last eight night games against AL Central opponents.
- The Rockies have led after 5 innings in each of their last four home games against AL Central opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Rockies' last three night games against AL Central opponents.
Minnesota Twins Team Facts
- The Twins have won each of their last eight Saturday games against NL West opponents.
- The Twins have covered the run line in each of their last seven Saturday road games against National League opponents.
- The Twins have won the first inning in each of their last three night games.
- The Twins have led after 3 innings in each of their last four night games against opponents that held a losing record.
- The Colorado Rockies rank 30th in the league for opponent batting average this season (.288).
- The Colorado Rockies rank 30th in the league for hits allowed this season (1577).
- The Minnesota Twins rank 3rd in the league for runs allowed this season (650).
- The Minnesota Twins rank 4th in the league for home runs this season (229).
The Twins have played very good baseball over the last few weeks and they will have some positive momentum heading into the playoffs, while the Rockies are just trying to get through these last two games. Minnesota is 39-40 on the road, while Colorado is 36-43 at home. The Rockies pitching staff has been a disaster all season long and they have the worst team ERA in all of baseball. I think we are going to see a higher scoring game here, but I will take the Twins -1.5 in this matchup.