Rays vs Blue Jays Prediction - MLB Picks 9/30/23
Toronto Blue Jays (89-71) vs Tampa Bay Rays (97-63)
Game Info: Saturday, September 30, 2023 at 3:07 pm (Rogers Centre)
Hyun Jin Ryu (3-3) (3.31) vs Zack Littell (3-6) (3.86)
Betting Odds: Toronto Blue Jays / Tampa Bay Rays --- Over/Under: Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Toronto Blue Jays and Tampa Bay Rays do battle Saturday afternoon in game 2 of an MLB series at Rogers Centre. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Tampa Bay Rays Betting Preview
The Rays look for a win after splitting their last 10 games. The Rays are locked into the first AL wild card spot. The Rays pitching staff is 6th in ERA (3.87), 1st in WHIP (1.17) and 21st in quality starts (49). The Rays' offense is 4th in runs per game (5.26), 5th in batting average (.258) and 5th in homers (226). Yandy Diaz leads the Rays with 173 hits and 78 RBI, while Randy Arozarena and Josh Lowe have combined for 272 hits and 164 RBI. Zack Littell gets the ball, and he is 3-6 with a 3.86 ERA and 73 strikeouts this season. Littell is 0-0 with a 3.00 ERA and 6 strikeouts in his career against the Blue Jays.
Tampa Bay Rays Team Facts
- The Rays have won eight of their last nine day games following a loss.
- The Rays have covered the run line in eight of their last nine games as road favorites against AL East opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Rays' last five day games against AL East opponents.
- The Rays have won the first inning in each of their last five day games against AL East opponents.
- The Rays have led after 3 innings in each of their last three road day games.
Toronto Blue Jays Betting Preview
The Blue Jays look for a win after winning 6 of their last 10 games. The Blue Jays are currently second in the AL wild card race. The Blue Jays pitching staff is 2nd in ERA (3.73), 7th in WHIP (1.24) and 5th in quality starts (70). The Blue Jays offense is 15th in runs per game (4.58), 8th in batting average (.256) and 16th in homers (186). Bo Bichette leads the Blue Jays with 173 hits and 72 RBI, while Vladimir Guerrero Jr. and George Springer have combined for 315 hits and 165 RBI. Hyun Jin Ryu gets the ball, and he is 3-3 with a 3.31 ERA and 37 strikeouts this season. Ryu is 0-0 with a 3.72 ERA and 27 strikeouts in his career against the Rays.
Toronto Blue Jays Team Facts
- The Blue Jays have won four of their last five games as home underdogs after playing the previous day.
- The Blue Jays have covered the run line in eight of their last nine games as underdogs against AL East opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Blue Jays' last nine home games against AL East opponents.
- The Blue Jays have won the first inning in three of their last four games as underdogs against the Rays at Rogers Centre.
- The Blue Jays have led after 7 innings in eight of their last 12 games as underdogs against American League opponents.
- The Toronto Blue Jays rank 2nd in the league for ERA this season (3.72).
- The Toronto Blue Jays rank 2nd in the league for strikeouts this season (1514).
- The Tampa Bay Rays rank 2nd in the league for opponent batting average this season (.231).
- The Tampa Bay Rays rank 2nd in the league for hits allowed this season (1239).
The Rays don't have much to play for as they're pretty much locked into their wild card spot and Zack Littell has been hit or miss through 51 innings this season. The Blue Jays are fighting for playoff seeding still and Hyun Jin Ryu has been money since returning to the rotation, as he has a 3.31 ERA and 1.22 WHIP through 49 innings. The Blue Jays are at home and have more to play for in this spot. Give me the Blue Jays.