Dodgers vs Giants Prediction - MLB Picks 9/30/23
San Francisco Giants (78-82) vs Los Angeles Dodgers (99-61)
Game Info: Saturday, September 30, 2023 at 9:05 pm (Oracle Park)
Tristan Beck (3-2) (4.05) vs Clayton Kershaw (13-4) (2.42)
Betting Odds: San Francisco Giants +145 / Los Angeles Dodgers -175 --- Over/Under: 8 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: MLB.tv Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Los Angeles Dodgers will play the San Francisco Giants in Game 2 of their series at Oracle Park in San Francisco, California. The Dodgers won the first game in this series by a score of 6-2 on Friday night.
The Los Angeles Dodgers are 99-61 this season and they have won five of their last seven games. Prior to this series, Los Angeles split a four game set with the Rockies. The Dodgers have been very good on the road this season, going 46-33 away from Dodger Stadium. The Los Angeles pitching staff has a 4.08 ERA, a 1.21 WHIP, and a .237 opponent batting average this year. The Dodgers offense has scored 900 runs with a .258 batting average and a .341 on base percentage. Freddie Freeman is batting .334 with 29 home runs and 102 RBI’s for the Dodgers. The projected starting pitcher for Los Angeles is Clayton Kershaw, who is 13-4 with a 2.42 ERA and a 1.05 WHIP over 126.1 innings pitched this season.
The San Francisco Giants are 78-82 this season and they have lost eight of their last ten games. San Francisco came into this series after losing two out of three games to the Padres. The Giants have scored three runs or fewer in six straight games. The San Francisco pitching staff has a 4.03 ERA, a 1.26 WHIP, and a .254 opponent batting average. The Giants offense has scored 670 runs with a .236 batting average and a .313 on base percentage this season. LaMonte Wade is batting .259 with 17 home runs and 45 RBI’s for the Giants. The projected starting pitcher for San Francisco is Tristan Beck, who is 3-3 with a 4.05 ERA and a 1.21 WHIP over 80 innings pitched this year.
San Francisco Giants Team Facts
- The Giants have lost 10 of their last 11 games against National League opponents that held a winning record.
- The Giants have failed to cover the run line in six of their last seven home games.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Giants' last six games as home underdogs against National League opponents.
- The Giants have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last five games as underdogs.
Los Angeles Dodgers Team Facts
- The Dodgers have won 11 of their last 12 games at Oracle Park against teams that held a losing record.
- The Dodgers have failed to cover the run line in seven of their last eight games as favorites against National League opponents following a win.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Dodgers' last four games at Oracle Park.
- The Dodgers have led after 3 innings in each of their last three games against the Giants.
San Francisco Giants Player Prop Facts
- Wilmer Flores has hit a home run in two of his last three appearances at Oracle Park against NL West opponents that held a winning record.
- Wilmer Flores has recorded at least one RBI in each of his last five appearances against the Dodgers at Oracle Park.
- Austin Slater has scored at least one run in each of his last four appearances at Oracle Park against opponents that held a winning record.
- Wilmer Flores has recorded at least one hit in each of his last five appearances at Oracle Park against NL West opponents that held a winning record.
- Wilmer Flores has recorded three or more total bases in each of his last five appearances at Oracle Park against NL West opponents that held a winning record.
Los Angeles Dodgers Player Prop Facts
- Freddie Freeman has hit a home run in three of the Dodgers' last four games as road favorites.
- Max Muncy has recorded at least one RBI in five of his last six appearances in night games against NL teams that held a losing record.
- J.D. Martinez has recorded four or more total bases in each of the Dodgers' last three games as favorites against the Giants.
- Max Muncy has scored at least one run in 12 of his last 14 appearances in night games.
- J.D. Martinez has recorded at least one hit in each of his last nine appearances with the Dodgers as road favorites against NL West opponents.
- Freddie Freeman ranks 3rd amongst qualified players for On Base Percentage (.412) this season.
- The San Francisco Giants rank T1st in the league for home runs allowed this season (172).
- The San Francisco Giants rank 27th in the league for hits this season (1263).
- The Los Angeles Dodgers rank 2nd in the league for RBI's this season (871).
- The Los Angeles Dodgers rank 2nd in the league for slugging percentage this season (.457).
The Giants come into this game after firing their manager on Friday and they have not played well over the last couple of weeks. San Francisco was right in the middle of the NL Wild Card race for the past couple of months, but they have fallen apart and are eliminated from postseason play. The Dodgers are one of the best teams in the MLB and they are starting Clayton Kershaw, who has allowed one earned run or fewer in four of his last five starts. Take the Dodgers -1.5 in this game.