Athletics vs Angels Prediction - MLB Picks 9/30/23
Los Angeles Angels (72-88) vs Oakland Athletics (49-111)
Game Info: Saturday, September 30, 2023 at 9:07 pm (Angel Stadium of Anaheim)
Davis Daniel (0-1) (3.68) vs Joe Boyle (1-0) (0.00)
Betting Odds: Los Angeles Angels -130 / Oakland Athletics +120 --- Over/Under: 8.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: MLB.tv Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Oakland Athletics will play the Los Angeles Angels in Game 2 of their series on Saturday night at Angel Stadium in Anaheim, California. The Angels won the first game in this series by a score of 5-1 on Friday night.
The Oakland Athletics are 49-111 this season and they have lost 12 of their last 15 games. Prior to this series, Oakland lost two out of three games on the road against the Twins. The Athletics have scored three runs or fewer in 12 of their last 15 games. The Oakland pitching staff has a 5.49 ERA, a 1.52 WHIP, and a .266 opponent batting average this year. The Athletics offense has scored 575 runs with a .223 batting average and a .298 on base percentage. Brent Rooker is batting .243 with 29 home runs and 68 RBI’s for the Athletics. The projected starting pitcher for Oakland is Joe Boyle, who is 1-0 with a 0.00 ERA and a 1.00 WHIP over 9 innings pitched this season.
The Los Angeles Angels are 72-88 this season and they have lost 11 of their last 15 games. Los Angeles came into this series after losing two out of three to the Rangers and two out of three to the Twins. The Angels have played very poorly over the last two months of the season, but they will look to finish on a high note against the lowly A’s. The Los Angeles pitching staff has a 4.63 ERA, a 1.42 WHIP, and a .252 opponent batting average. The Angels offense has scored 729 runs with a .246 batting average and a .317 on base percentage this season. Brandon Drury is batting .258 with 24 home runs and 80 RBI’s for the Angels. The projected starting pitcher for Los Angeles is Davis Daniel, who is 0-1 with a 3.68 ERA and a 1.77 WHIP over 7.1 innings pitched this year.
Los Angeles Angels Team Facts
- The Angels have lost nine of their last 10 night games against American League opponents following a win.
- The Angels have failed to cover the run line in seven of their last eight home games against AL West opponents following a win.
- The Angels have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last four home games against opponents that held a losing record.
- The Angels have led after 7 innings in each of their last six night games against the Athletics at Angel Stadium of Anaheim.
Oakland Athletics Team Facts
- The Athletics have won each of their last eight Saturday night games against AL West opponents that held a losing record.
- The Athletics have failed to cover the run line in each of their last five games against AL West opponents.
- The Athletics have trailed after 5 innings in each of their last five games against AL West opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Athletics' last four night games against AL West opponents.
- The Athletics have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last six night games at Angel Stadium of Anaheim against AL West opponents.
- The Los Angeles Angels rank 27th in the league for strikeouts against this season (1505).
- The Los Angeles Angels rank 5th in the league for home runs this season (227).
- The Oakland Athletics rank 30th in the league for RBI's this season (554).
- The Oakland Athletics rank 30th in the league for batting average this season (.223).
Both of these teams have been really bad over the last month, but will have the opportunity to finish the season with a series win over the next two days. Oakland is one of the worst teams in the MLB and they are 23-56 on the road. Los Angeles is 37-42 at home, but they have had a ton of injuries this season. I am going to finish the season the way we started, which is by fading the Oakland Athletics. Take the Angels here.