Rangers vs Mariners Prediction - MLB Picks 9/29/23
Seattle Mariners (85-73) vs Texas Rangers (89-69)
Game Info: Friday, September 29, 2023 at 10:10 pm (T-Mobile Park)
Bryan Woo (4-5) (4.39) vs Nathan Eovaldi (12-4) (3.26)
Betting Odds: Seattle Mariners -115 / Texas Rangers +105 --- Over/Under: 8 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Seattle Mariners and Texas Rangers do battle Friday night in game 2 of an MLB series at T-Mobile Park. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Texas Rangers Betting Preview
The Rangers look for a win after winning 7 of their last 10 games. The Rangers have a 2-game lead in the AL West. The Rangers pitching staff is 18th in ERA (4.30), 13th in WHIP (1.27) and 10th in quality starts (66). The Rangers' offense is 3rd in runs per game (5.53), 2nd in batting average (.265) and 3rd in homers (231). Marcus Semien leads the Rangers with 182 hits and 99 RBI, while Nathaniel Lowe and Corey Seager have combined for 315 hits and 177 RBI. Nathan Eovaldi gets the ball, and he is 12-4 with a 3.26 ERA and 127 strikeouts this season. Eovaldi is 2-1 with a 4.17 ERA and 52 strikeouts in his career against the Mariners.
Texas Rangers Team Facts
- The Rangers have won seven of their last eight games against the Mariners.
- The Rangers have covered the run line in each of their last nine road games against AL West opponents following a loss.
- The Rangers have led after 7 innings in each of their last eight games against opponents that held a winning record.
- The Rangers have led after 5 innings in each of their last eight games against American League opponents that held a winning record.
- The Rangers have led after 3 innings in each of their last five games against American League opponents that held a winning record.
Seattle Mariners Betting Preview
The Mariners look for a win after splitting their last 10 games. The Mariners are 1 game back in the AL wild card race. The Mariners pitching staff is 3rd in ERA (3.78), 3rd in WHIP (1.19) and 3rd in quality starts (73). The Mariners' offense is 12th in runs per game (4.72), 20th in batting average (.243) and 12th in homers (205). Julio Rodriguez leads the Mariners with 180 hits and 103 RBI, while Teoscar Hernandez and Ty France have combined for 304 hits and 150 RBI. Bryan Woo gets the ball, and he is 4-5 with a 4.39 ERA and 88 strikeouts this season. Woo is 0-2 with a 20.25 ERA and 10 strikeouts in his career against the Rangers.
Seattle Mariners Team Facts
- The home team has won each of the last seven games between the Rangers and Mariners.
- The Mariners have failed to cover the run line in each of their last six games against the Rangers following a win.
- The Seattle Mariners rank T29th in the league for triples this season (12).
- The Seattle Mariners rank 29th in the league for strikeouts against this season (1575).
- The Texas Rangers rank 2nd in the league for hits this season (1454).
- The Texas Rangers rank 2nd in the league for doubles this season (324).
We're getting slight plus money with the better team in the Rangers and the better pitcher in Nathan Eovaldi who has a 3.26 ERA and 1.12 WHIP. The Mariners are coming off a big emotional win last night, but they've had issues stringing wins together lately, and Bryan Woo has been far less trustworthy with his 4.39 ERA and 1.20 WHIP. Woo also allowed 6 runs in 3.1 innings against these Rangers on Sunday. I'll gladly take the better price with the Rangers on the road.