Dodgers vs Giants Prediction - MLB Picks 9/29/23
San Francisco Giants (78-81) vs Los Angeles Dodgers (98-61)
Game Info: Friday, September 29, 2023 at 10:15 pm (Oracle Park)
Keaton Winn (1-2) (3.89) vs Lance Lynn (12-11) (5.83)
Betting Odds: San Francisco Giants / Los Angeles Dodgers --- Over/Under: Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Los Angeles Dodgers and San Francisco Giants clash Friday in game 1 of an MLB series at Oracle Park. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Los Angeles Dodgers Betting Preview
The Dodgers look for a win after winning 6 of their last 10 games. The Dodgers have the second-best record in the NL. The Dodgers pitching staff is 15th in ERA (4.09), 5th in WHIP (1.21) and 16th in quality starts (52). The Dodgers' offense is 2nd in runs per game (5.62), 7th in batting average (.258) and 2nd in homers (245). Freddie Freeman leads the Dodgers with 207 hits and 101 RBI, while Mookie Betts and James Outman have combined for 296 hits and 175 RBI. Lance Lynn gets the ball, and he is 12-11 with a 5.83 ERA and 187 strikeouts this season. Lynn is 1-5 with a 4.27 ERA and 41 strikeouts in his career against the Giants.
Los Angeles Dodgers Team Facts
- The Dodgers have won each of their last seven games against NL West opponents following a loss.
- The Dodgers have covered the run line in each of their last seven games following a loss.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Dodgers' last four night games at Oracle Park.
San Francisco Giants Betting Preview
The Giants need a win after losing 7 of their last 10 games. The Giants are 1 of 6 NL teams bounced from the playoff race. The Giants pitching staff is 12th in ERA (4.02), 11th in WHIP (1.26) and 18th in quality starts (51). The Giants' offense is 23rd in runs per game (4.20), 27th in batting average (.237) and 19th in homers (170). Thairo Estrada leads the Giants with 133 hits and 49 RBI, while JD Davis and Wilmer Flores have combined for 231 hits and 126 RBI. Keaton Winn gets the ball, and he is 1-2 with a 3.89 ERA and 30 strikeouts this season. This will be Winn’s first career game against the Dodgers.
San Francisco Giants Team Facts
- The Giants have won each of their last six night games at Oracle Park following an extra innings loss.
- The Giants have covered the run line in eight of their last nine home games following an extra innings loss.
- The Giants have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last five Friday home games.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the last seven games between the Dodgers and Giants.
- The San Francisco Giants rank 30th in the league for steals this season (57).
- The San Francisco Giants rank 1st in the league for walks allowed this season (398).
- The Los Angeles Dodgers rank 1st in the league for walks this season (639).
- The Los Angeles Dodgers rank 2nd in the league for runs scored this season (894).
The Dodgers are going to be favored because they're the Dodgers, but I'm not laying any type of juice with Lance Lynn and his near 6 ERA. The Giants may be eliminated from playoff contention, but they're at home, and they're playing a heated rival they want to beat regardless of the situation. Also, Keaton Winn has been good in 37 innings with a 3.89 ERA and 1.03 WHIP. Assuming we're getting decent plus money, I'll side with the Giants at home.