Yankees vs Blue Jays Prediction - MLB Picks 9/27/23
Toronto Blue Jays (87-70) vs New York Yankees (80-77)
Game Info: Wednesday, September 27, 2023 at 7:07 pm (Rogers Centre)
Jose Berrios (11-11) (3.58) vs Gerrit Cole (14-4) (2.75)
Betting Odds: Toronto Blue Jays -110 / New York Yankees -110 --- Over/Under: 7 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: MLB.tv Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The New York Yankees will play the Toronto Blue Jays in Game 2 of their series on Wednesday night at the Rogers Centre in Toronto, Ontario. The Yankees won the first game in this series by a score of 2-0, and they have played well over their last 15 games.
The New York Yankees are 80-77 this season and they have won four of their last five games. Prior to this series, New York won two out of three games against the Diamondbacks at home. The Yankees are 38-38 on the road, and they are fourth in the AL East. The New York pitching staff has a 3.94 ERA, a 1.23 WHIP, and a .232 opponent batting average this season. The Yankees offense has scored 655 runs with a .226 batting average and a .303 on base percentage. DJ LeMahieu is batting .243 with 15 home runs and 44 RBI’s for the Yankees. The projected starting pitcher for New York is Gerrit Cole, who is 14-4 with a 2.75 ERA and a 1.02 WHIP over 200 innings pitched this year.
Blue Jays Preview
The Toronto Blue Jays are 87-70 this season and they have alternated wins and losses over their last six games. Toronto came into this series after a series win against Tampa Bay, where they won two out of three games. The Blue Jays are currently the second AL Wild Card team, but Houston and Seattle are within a couple of games of them. The Toronto pitching staff has a 3.73 ERA, a 1.24 WHIP, and a .239 opponent batting average. The Blue Jays offense has scored 716 runs with a .255 batting average and a .328 on base percentage this year. Bo Bichette is batting .304 with 20 home runs and 71 RBI’s for the Blue Jays. The projected starting pitcher for Toronto is Jose Berrios, who is 11-11 with a 3.58 ERA and a 1.18 WHIP over 183.2 innings pitched this season.
Toronto Blue Jays Team Facts
- The Blue Jays have lost six of their last seven games at Rogers Centre against teams that held a winning record.
- The Blue Jays have failed to cover the run line in seven of their last eight games at Rogers Centre.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Blue Jays' last four home games.
New York Yankees Team Facts
- The Yankees have won seven of their last eight road games against American League opponents.
- The Yankees have covered the run line in seven of their last eight games at Rogers Centre.
Toronto Blue Jays Player Prop Facts
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. has hit a home run in three of the Blue Jays' last five home games.
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. has recorded at least one RBI in seven of his last eight home appearances against the Yankees.
- Bo Bichette has scored at least one run in seven of the Blue Jays' last eight games against AL East opponents that held a winning record.
- Jose Berrios has recorded seven or more strikeouts in four of his last five home appearances against AL opponents.
- Cavan Biggio has recorded at least one total base in 11 of his last 12 home appearances after playing the previous day.
- Alejandro Kirk has recorded at least one hit in each of his last six appearances at Rogers Centre against AL East opponents that held a winning record.
New York Yankees Player Prop Facts
- Aaron Judge has hit at least one home run in four of his last five road appearances against the Blue Jays.
- Aaron Judge has recorded two or more hits in three of his last four appearances in night games.
- Aaron Judge has recorded two or more RBIs in four of his last five appearances against the Blue Jays at Rogers Centre.
- DJ LeMahieu has recorded two or more total bases in five of his last six road appearances against AL East opponents.
- Gerrit Cole has recorded seven or more strikeouts in five of his last six appearances.
- Aaron Judge has scored at least one run in seven of his last eight appearances at Rogers Centre against opponents that held a winning record.
- Gerrit Cole ranks 5th in the league for total Strikeouts (217) this season.
- The Toronto Blue Jays are one of only 4 teams in the league to rank top 10 in both strikeouts and on-base percentage this season.
- The Toronto Blue Jays rank T4th in the league for runs allowed this season (642).
- The New York Yankees rank 29th in the league for batting average this season (.226).
- The New York Yankees rank T2nd in the league for hits allowed this season (1220).
The Blue Jays come into this matchup desperately needing to get wins and they are 41-35 at home this year. The Yankees have done a nice job of playing out the season and not giving up when times got tough, and they have been able to pass the Red Sox in the AL East. New York is starting Gerrit Cole, who has allowed two earned runs or fewer in five straight starts. Toronto is starting Jose Berrios, who has allowed two earned runs or fewer in three of his last four starts. Berrios has allowed two earned runs in his last 14 innings at home. I like the under in this matchup.