Rays vs Red Sox Prediction - MLB Picks 9/27/23
Boston Red Sox (76-80) vs Tampa Bay Rays (95-62)
Game Info: Wednesday, September 27, 2023 at 6:10 pm (Fenway Park)
Brayan Bello (12-10) (4.11) vs Tyler Glasnow (9-7) (3.76)
Betting Odds: Boston Red Sox +110 / Tampa Bay Rays -120 --- Over/Under: 8 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Boston Red Sox and Tampa Bay Rays do battle Wednesday night in game 2 of an MLB series at Fenway Park. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Tampa Bay Rays Betting Preview
The Rays look for a win after splitting their last 10 games. The Rays are 2.5 games back in the AL East. The Rays pitching staff is 5th in ERA (3.87), 1st in WHIP (1.17) and 21st in quality starts (49). The Rays' offense is 4th in runs per game (5.27), 6th in batting average (.258) and 6th in homers (223). Yandy Diaz leads the Rays with 171 hits and 76 RBI, while Randy Arozarena and Josh Lowe have combined for 268 hits and 163 RBI. Tyler Glasnow gets the ball, and he is 9-7 with a 3.68 ERA and 153 strikeouts this season. Glasnow is 3-1 with a 3.35 ERA and 76 strikeouts in his career against the Red Sox.
Tampa Bay Rays Team Facts
- The Rays have lost each of their last four games as favorites following a win.
- The road team has covered the run line in each of the Rays' last six games.
- The Rays have led after 5 innings in each of their last six games against the Red Sox.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Rays' last nine games.
- The Rays have won the first inning in each of their last five games against AL East opponents.
Boston Red Sox Betting Preview
The Red Sox look to snap a 3-game losing streak. The Red Sox are 1 of 8 AL teams eliminated from playoff contention. The Red Sox pitching staff is 21st in ERA (4.59), 20th in WHIP (1.35) and 25th in quality starts (44). The Red Sox offense is 9th in runs per game (4.85), 3rd in batting average (.261) and 17th in homers (181). Rafael Devers leads the Red Sox with 154 hits and 98 RBI, while Masataka Yoshida and Justin Turner have combined for 01 hits and 167 RBI. Brayan Bello gets the ball, and he is 12-10 with a 4.11 ERA and 129 strikeouts this season. Bello is 1-2 with a 6.75 ERA and 19 strikeouts in his career against the Rays.
Boston Red Sox Team Facts
- The Red Sox have lost each of their last seven night games against AL East opponents.
- The Red Sox have failed to cover the run line in each of their last eight home games against the Rays following a home loss.
- The Red Sox have trailed after 5 innings in each of their last six night games against AL East opponents that held a winning record.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Red Sox's last four home games against AL East opponents.
- The Red Sox have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last three night games against AL East opponents.
- The Boston Red Sox rank 1st in the league for doubles this season (335).
- The Boston Red Sox rank 3rd in the league for hits this season (1408).
- The Tampa Bay Rays are one of only 2 teams in the league to rank top 10 in both steals and home runs this season.
- The Tampa Bay Rays rank 2nd in the league for opponent batting average this season (.230).
You can make a case for the Red Sox and plus money, but the truth is I'd need a more favorable price, considering they have nothing to play for at this stage. The Rays are still fighting for a possible division crown, and Tyler Glasnow has been solid through 115 innings with his 3.68 ERA and 1.10 WHIP. Brayan Bello is a young pitcher with good stuff, but he has control issues at times and has been rocked in a few games against the Rays. Give me the Rays and the cheap price.