Padres vs Giants Prediction - MLB Picks 9/27/23
San Francisco Giants (78-79) vs San Diego Padres (77-80)
Game Info: Wednesday, September 27, 2023 at 9:45 pm (Oracle Park)
Sean Manaea (7-6) (4.51) vs Matt Waldron (1-3) (4.58)
Betting Odds: San Francisco Giants -105 / San Diego Padres -105 --- Over/Under: 8.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: NBC Sports Bay Area Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The San Diego Padres and San Francisco Giants face off on Wednesday in an MLB showdown at Oracle Park.
Waldron Needs to be Good
On the mound for the Padres will be Matt Waldron who sits with a 1-3 record and an ERA of 4.58. In his last start against the St. Louis Cardinals, he went 5.2 innings giving up three hits and one run. The Padres have won the last two starts made by Waldron. In Game 1 of this series the Padres gave up two runs in the 8th inning and thatl ed to the 2-1 defeat. The Padres are averaging 4.46 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.09 runs per game. The pitching is ranked 4th.
Padres Betting Trends
- The Padres have won each of their last four games as road underdogs against the Giants.
- The Padres have failed to cover the run line in seven of their last eight road games against National League opponents following a win.
- The Padres have led after 5 innings in each of their last five games against the Giants.
- The Padres have led after 3 innings in each of their last five games against National League opponents that held a losing record.
- The Padres have won the first inning in each of their last four games against National League opponents.
Giants Choke Away Playoffs
Just a few weeks ago it looked like the Giants were going to make the playoffs, but now their season is almost over. On Monday the Giants only scored two runs but the pitching did enough to help them pick up a victory. The Giants are averaging 4.24 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.45 runs per game. The offense is ranked 23rd in the league while the pitching is ranked 15th. On the mound for the Giants will be Sean Manaea who sits with a 7-6 record and an ERA of 4.51.
Giants Betting Trends
- The Giants have won each of their last seven night games against NL West opponents following a home loss.
- The Giants have failed to cover the run line in each of their last eight games as favorites against National League opponents following a loss.
- The Giants have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last four games against National League opponents.
- The Giants have lost the first inning in each of their last four games at Oracle Park.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Giants' last five games at Oracle Park.
Padres vs Giants Facts
- The San Francisco Giants rank 1st in the league for home runs allowed this season (168).
- The San Francisco Giants rank T27th in the league for triples this season (13).
- The San Diego Padres are one of only 4 teams in the league to rank top 10 in both strikeouts and on-base percentage this season.
- The San Diego Padres rank 4th in the league for ERA this season (3.81).
Shane’s Free Pick
The Padres are going to get the job done here. Waldron has been good his last two starts and he’s going to be good again here. Waldron gave up only one run in the last start and he’s going tl lockdown again this game. Look for the Giants bats to really struggle here, and that is going to be the difference here. Back the Padres on the money line to cash. It’s also a lean on the under to cash.